Guns N' Roses (Everyone, DickBabs)

Start from the beginning

"You know the rules. We can't."

The Hood crossed his arms and walked back over to the others, his brother following shortly after.

"What now?" he asked worriedly, "Where's he taking her?"

"Said he's taking her back to the Batcave. Alfred should be able to fix her right up," Red Robin responded.

Nightwing bowed his head, "You guys should go too, then. I'll take care of the Joker from here."

"You sure, man?" Signal asked empathetically, "If anything, you should be the one going to her."

"She's your family, too. Plus, I'm the most experienced—if he wakes up, I'm the one who could handle it the best. Just—if you see her, and she's up, tell her I'll be there soon."

"Alright," Signal said.

"Hey, Nightwing?" Spoiler asked.

"Yeah?"

"Just be safe, okay?"

He smiled, "I'll be fine, sis, I promise."

She nodded with a smile, then she ran to her ride. The others followed shortly after, commenting something like 'see you at home' or 'good luck'. He scoffed. Good luck? Yeah, like there's any of that left. With his girlfriend shot, he didn't believe in it.

Sighing, he walked back over to the body and lugged it over his shoulder, "Back to jail for you."
***
Barbara Gordon woke up in the room where Alfred did all his surgeries and what-not. Being on anesthesia and pain meds, she was woozy and groggy, and she acted very child-like.

"Wh-what's..." she tried to speak as she woke up. She noticed one of her sisters sitting beside her when she turned her head.

"Stephie!"

"Hi, Babs," Stephanie responded gently, "How are you feeling?"

"Tired, hurting...wha' happened?"

"The Joker shot you—don't worry, though! You'll be alright. A couple weeks of rest and you'll be good as new!"

"Oh...where's Dickie?"

"He went to take the Joker back to the asylum."

"He didn't stay with me?" she whined.

"No, I'm sorry. I know it sucks, but please understand, he made the smartest move he could. He's the most experienced with the Joker—having someone else deal with him would've been dumb on his part. Plus, these are his siblings, he always does whatever he can to keep us out of danger."

Barbara pouted and crossed her arms, "I guess," a moment passed and she continued, "What about the others?"

"They were all here earlier to check on you, but most of 'em left because they had work or school. It was only after Alfred assured them you'd be alright. Jason's still here, though!"

"Jason?" she turned to face the other side of her.

"Jay!"

He gave a breathy laugh, "Hey, Babs. Glad to see you're okay."

She giggled, "This is kinda embarrassing."

"Why?" Stephanie asked.

"Well, I'm in front of two of my little siblings, bedridden 'cause of the Joker!"

"I'm a little offended," Jason joked, placing a hand to his heart.

"Huh?" Barbara said, but soon after she remembered Jason's death.

"Ohhhh..." she then reached over and flicked his forehead with her hand.

"Ow! What was that for?"

"We do not joke about death!"

"Okay, okay," he put his hands up, "You're the boss."

She smiled, then yawned.

"You should go back to bed, sis," Stephanie said, "You gotta rest up if you wanna get better."

"Mm...ok, seems legit."

Barbara closed her eyes, unaware that Stephanie was shooting Jason a deathly glare as he struggled to hold his laugh in.
***
When she woke up again, she was truly Barbara Gordon—no costume, no anesthesia, nothing. She pushed her self up and rubbed the sleep out of her eyes.

"You're up," a voice commented from beside her. She turned to see none other than the famous Dick Grayson.

"Nice of you to finally join me, Boy Wonder," she smirked, her voice still deep from the nap.

"Ah—shit—Babs, I'm so sorry, I—"

Barbara chuckled, "Relax, I'm kidding."

Dick rolled his eyes, but a blush was still prominent on his cheeks.

"Oh—I, uh, I got you something," he said, handing a bouquet of roses to her.

"Aw, Dickie, you spoil me," she blushed, "You really didn't have to do that, though."

"I wanted to. Take it as an apology gift."

She sighed, "You never do listen to me, do ya'?"

He shrugged, and she continued, "Oh well. I love you, anyway."

"I love you, too," he returned the affectionate words, taking her face in his hand and kissing her. She smiled into it, starting to forget about the pain in her abdomen.

Suddenly, the scream of a prepubescent boy made the two jump away from each other. She hissed, now given a harsh remembrance of the pain.

"Damian!" she yelled.

"Stop sucking face!" he yelled back from a far away place.

She rolled her eyes and turned back to Dick, who was now smirking at her through half-lidded eyes.

"What?"

"I thought of something, baby."

"And what's that?" she leaned into his lips.

"A pun!" he exclaimed, moving away from her, "Guns—"

He pointed at her abdomen, then at the flowers.

"N' Roses!"

She gave him an incredulous look, then sighed and said sarcastically, "Nice one, babe. Guns N' Roses."