Moving Days // 1.

Hi. My name is ______ Smalls. I just woke up, and I have already packed all my bags. I'm moving to Salt Lake City. I can't wait. Maybe our yard will be big. You see, I'm in LOVE with Baseball, and my favorite retired team is the 1927 Yankees ⚾️.
     I'm 13, and I'm turning 14 in 2 weeks! I'm just nervous. What if I have no friends? Guess we'll see 😌
***
Mom -  Honey! Are you coming!?
Me -  uh! Yeah mom, almost ready!

     My POV:
     I ran downstairs to see Scotty, Mom, and-
Well... My stepdad, Bill. My real dad passed away, but I don't like to talk about that anymore.

Mom -  um. Honey, why are you bringing that boy stuff dear?
Me -  mom.. it's 1993, shouldn't girls be able to.. do what they want?

     Silence became. I hope I didn't sound like I had an attitude

Mom -  Get in the car, ______
***
     We were heading from Pennsylvania, to Utah. So it took us about 30 hours 😫. After a lot of rest stops and gas station breaks, we made it to the neighborhood.

Scotty -  Yes Yes YES! We're finally here.
Me -  Is that it?
Mom -  Honey, it's all we could get.
Me -  I love it! But it has a small yard. How am I gonna play ba-
Mom -  Cheer?
Me -  ugh.. yes mom 😞

     My mom and Scotty go inside, while Bill is unloading things. I just sat there sad and upset.
The U-Haul truck gets here, and bill goes inside when I unload the rest.
     Then... I saw a boy, about my age actually, walk by. I just stare. He looks back at me and smiles, and I couldn't help but smile back. He had nice dark skin and black swept hair. It looked really nice.

Me -  Maybe I will have friends this summer 🙂

     I go in that night to go to sleep. I couldn't stop thinking about him and I being friends. I hope he has sisters.

Me -  Night Mom! Night Bill! Night Scotty!

     They all say g'night back.
***
Boy's POV:
     I saw this girl while walking home from The Sandlot. I saw her staring. It was awkward. So I smiled at her and she smiled back. Wonder if she needs friends.
     She had this on:

     She didn't look like any other girl

     She didn't look like any other girl. Most girls I see wear skirts and tied up hair. She had her hair tied down.
     Maybe we can be friends some day. Tomorrow I'll ask her to come to The Sandlot if she's outside. I hop into bed and think about her all night.
***
My POV:
Me -  GOOD . MORNING!
Mom -  Gosh hun, be quiet. It's 7:00 AM.
Me -  Sorry guys. Heh.

     My mom talked to Scotty last night about him always being inside messing around with mouse trap things that he built. He got called an egg-head 😆
     It looked so nice outside, so I went out front to play catch with Scotty no matter what time it was.

Me -  Let's go outside Scotty *wink wink*
Scotty -  oh- oh yeah. Let's go

     I winked at him so mom wouldn't know I'm playing baseball. Kind of sad :(
     Soon enough, that boy from yesterday came over to us within 4 minutes of playing.
***
Boy's POV:
     Boy -  Hi, I'm Benny. I saw you guys outside yesterday and wanted to know if you'd like to come to The Sandlot.
Scotty -  What's that?
Benny -  It's a baseball field me and my friends play in. I want them to meet you guys.

     I lied. I only saw the girl, but her brother could come too. Wonder what the boys will say if I bring a girl to The Sandlot.

Me -  Yeah! Sure.. I mean, if I can go.
Benny -  Of course, just ask.. and meet me there by 8:00!

     I ran off to The Sandlot as they ask. I didn't  know how they would find it, so I gave them the way on a piece of notebook paper I had in my pocket.

Scotty -  Great! 8:00 sounds fine!
~~~

     Hello, I'm not gonna add the beast unless you guys want x
     You may not know this boy, but you should seriously watch The Sandlot if you haven't already :)

699 Words :T