"I don't think I'm wrong," Suna nonchalantly replies.

I watch their exchange and a sudden realization came to mind. Oh I bet he's interested in Izumi and trying to make conversation! Izumi is super pretty and never had a boyfriend before.

I start to imagine Izumi and Suna together and I nod my head liking the idea. I can totally see it. A cool guy and a pretty girl, they totally complement each—-

Izumi's eyes narrow. "You're not from here right? You don't have the Kansai dialect," she coldly states and my fantasy shatters.

Izumi's not interested at all.

"True, I recently moved here so can you show me around?" Suna suggests.

Before Izumi can respond, I cover her mouth and answer. "Sure! We can all show you around, right Osamu?"

"Sure," Osamu states. "Volleyball tryouts are today after school so we can go together." 

"Sounds good," Suna answers.

"Hey, I think he's interested in you," I whisper to Izumi and she sheepishly sighs.

"Please worry about yourself," Izumi says as she grabs both sides of my head to direct me to the front of the classroom. "Pay attention to the teacher."

I sigh. That's right as much as I don't want to, I must focus on my academics.

I do fairly well in school but that doesn't mean I enjoy learning. Oh well, I have to pay attention to the teacher so I don't fail.

The struggle of being a student.

Mikki POV
(Meanwhile...)

Kita Shinsuke.

What year is he?

I know he's not a first-year because he knew where the building for the entrance ceremony was so he's either a second or third year.

...

That means the chances of seeing him in school again are slim.

As embarrassing as it may sound, I still remember the moment he touched my forehead and the gentle expression on his face when asking if I was ok. Ugh, I sound like Michi. But he's seriously the exact type of boy I would like.

"Mikki!" I hear a familiar voice call me out and turn around to see Atsumu there waiting for me to respond to him. 

I stare at him with a deadpan look.

Meanwhile, I'm sitting down next to someone who is the complete opposite.

"What is it Atsumu?" I ask.

"I forgot my textbook at home. Do you have an extra biology textbook that I can use?" Atsumu whines.

"Why would I have an extra?" I look at him in disbelief. "Besides how do you forget it? It's only the second day of school."

"Hey don't look at me like that! There are too many books to carry to class, what's wrong with forgetting one at home," Atsumu defends and I let out a small laugh seeing him overreact.

"Pffft no need to overreact, it's fine. We can share I don't think the teacher will mind," I tell him as I put the textbook in the middle and move my seat close to him.