t h r e e

when the car stopped, all of the boys jumped out of their trance and hopped out. zach accidentally opened his door too wide, leaving a dent in their car and the strangers.

"zach!"

"yeah, i may have dented your car..."

"zach, it's fine. you get a birthday pass. okay? you can pick any cake you want. just be fast, we're running a little late."

jack and zach ran around the small bakery, looking at the cakes. daniel and jonah followed them, without the running. corbyn stood beside monty and sebb.

"i don't really like you but thank you."

monty looked at the boy, "for what?"

"zay has never been able to celebrate his birthday, not like a real kid anyway. so thank you."

corbyn hugged the two older men. monty's face went red as he hugged him. it was different than getting a hug from his friends. he couldn't describe it but he would never admit he wanted another.

"sebb? monty? i want this one!"

zach pointed to a two-layer ice cream cake with red and blue stripes. it was obvious it was for the fourth of july but, no one wanted to crush the young boys spirit. sebb bought the cake and let him hold it.

"hold it tight, okay? we're almost home."

when they pulled in the driveway, monty noticed his friend's cars in the driveway.

"you invited them over?"

"yeah, it's game night. we can't cancel. besides, they made the boy's rooms for us. it's the least we can do."

"okay, babe." monty pecked sebb's lips and they all got out.

"damn, your house is huge.", jack exclaimed. 

they decided to ignore the swearing this time and nodded.

"yeah, sebb here is a trust fund. but no, we both work hard at our lgbt youth company. It's called the byte home.", monty joked.

"anyways...let's go inside so you can see the house."

the boys all piled out of the car and ran up to the house. on the couch, their friends and two young twin boys were watching fight club.

"so...this is lily, shauni, kt, and jake. these two are max and harvey."

"you're friends with 15 year olds?", jack asked.

"oh no, no, no. max and harvey are from our company. they're new family will pick them up in three days."

"why are they living here?", zach asked. "yeah.", jack added.

"because these two have a history of making people uncomfortable."

daniel opened his mouth to ask why but immediately shut it when he saw them making out.

"aren't...aren't they brothers?", jonah asked.

"kinky.", jack interrupted.

all four of his brothers hit him lightly.