I wish I could speak to dad or Aaron about it but it's pretty useless. They've made up their minds that mom was killed in an accident and that no funny play was involved.

I first sneaked into my parent's room. Careful not to make any notices and attract attention. I am not allowed in my parent's bedroom without permission and obviously, I can't just ask dad "can I go to your room and search for mom's death report". Right?

So it left me with no choice but to sneak in. I think I knew where the paper was, in the chest of drawers under the TV. But the problem is which drawer? There are 6 drawers and I am pretty sure that all of them are untidy.

I opened each of the drawers in a hurry. I didn't want to risk dad catching me red-handed and the fact that the drawers were worse than I imagined didn't help me out at all.

I found random stuff Like receipts, colors, smelly socks, pens, chargers, a go-pro, a camera, and even condoms... for a moment I thought dad was sleeping with someone else but I knew he would never do that. He loved mom so much. He would never break their marriage vows.

So sure about that?

after going through 5 drawers, I found many documents in the last drawer and as expected I found the paper. Mom's accident report. Now, all I need to do is take a photo of the phone number and leave. Leave as fast as I could.

Taking a quick snap, I ran back to my room but before I closed the door I heard a cry. It was Aaron's cry for help. Soon I heard Mitchelle's Yelp too. I felt sort of bad for them getting their behinds spanked at the age of 21 is pretty embarrassing.

But it was still... fun to see your elder brother getting his app whipped like a little naughty child. At least for me, it was. I signed a but dramatically when Aaron pleaded with dad for mercy and Mitchelle did the same with her dad.

Wait. Mitchelle's dad is here? He is a really good guy. He is just like Mitchelle. Same looks. Same personality. They both smell the same as expensive perfume.

As I was thinking about whether to go down and greet Mitchelle's parents, dad yelled at me to come down. Apparently, we were not gonna cook dinner and dad already ordered a lot of stuff from KFC.

I love KFC so much. It's the best fast food joint ever. Their buffalo wings are the best you could ever find although it's just chicken.

Anyway, I made my way downstairs just to see my brother and his fiance with red puffy eyes and a huge array of KFC delights
My mouth watered just by the look of it. It was so welcoming that I didn't feel the least bit of pity for Aaron.

Aaron and Mitchelle had their heads bowed down in embarrassment while I, dad, and Mitchelle's parents, Ash and Jackie couldn't stop talking about the delicious meal in front of us. But soon the talk diverted towards Ash, Mitchell's dad who's like the head chief police.

He spoke for a long time about juicy crimes and how he solved them and I actually felt like telling him everything about it but... dad was present with us. He'd get mad at me if I did and that's why I kept quiet and listened to the chatter.

After dinner, Mitchelle and her parents left and I was sort of sad. I just love people at home. I feel happy and cheerful when we have company.

Plus, I crave for a girl company. I can't just go to Aaron or dad speak about boys. I can't go shopping or hang out with Aaron And Dad. I mean, I can hang out with them but... I can't talk girly stuff with them. Right?

But either way, at least I have Aaron to talk to. That night I made my way upstairs to my room and call the sheriff but I felt like calling him tomorrow. What if he's busy at night or if he already slept. Even if he wasn't, I was.

I made up my mind to call him tomorrow afternoon. So, I stead I my way to Aaron's room. I was dying to ask him what happened earlier. I just couldn't believe that he got spanked at such a... old age.

I knocked on his door and he opened it a few minutes later. The poor boy had a bottle of soothing lotion in his hand and I just couldn't stop grinning.

"Poor boy. Got your ass whipped. Huh?", I asked him. Aaron let out a loud growl stating that he was upset and shooed me away.

Soon, it was time to go to bed and I made my way to my room and jumped onto the bed. Just as I was about to drift off, dad came into my room and kissed me good night.

I just realized that even though mom was not there to send me off to sleep, I had a dad and... Aaron. So many kids don't even have parents and I should be grateful to have at least a parent and an amazing brother.

They both love me so much yet... I spent my time pondering over mom.

That's right. Even though she doesn't