"Don't worry, daddy, I'm sure you can find another business partner to help fund the project. Besides, if it doesn't work out, you've already invested some money into your wine companies," I said in a calm, sweet voice. "Your partners in China will probably be interested in working with you. You'll do great, you always do."

My dad finally looked up at me and smiled.

"You're right, Eli," he grinned. "I am great, aren't I?"

I nodded. He laughed. My mom kept typing furiously into her laptop. It was a normal morning for the Golden family. When I finished eating, a maid came to clean up my plate.

"Would you like Lee to drive you to school?" Dad asked, but I shook my head.

"Steven's coming to pick me up."

Steven was my childhood best friend and our families were close since they were business partners. Daddy was fond of Steven and mom loved having him around, but none of them knew about our relationship.

My parents, as well as Steven's, would freak out if they knew that we were dating. They'd either send us to a mental institution, one with a good reputation, of course, or they'd make us copy down the Bible and go to church to confess to our "sins".

Being gay was a big no-no in both households. So we kept it a secret.

"Oh, and daddy?" I asked, picking up my bag.

"Yes?"

"Can you buy me another bike?"

He raised his brows but didn't look up from his papers. "Okay."

He didn't ask why.

I left the house and saw Steven's jet-black car waiting in front of my mansion gates. I couldn't help but smile when I saw his face, opening the door and hopping into the passenger's seat. His eyes, which was under his burgundy short hair, brightened when he saw me. He had a high-bridged nose with a scar imprinted between his eyes from a football accident.

Steven leaned over for a kiss but I quickly stopped him.

"Security cameras," I whispered, pretending to fix his collar to make it seem less suspicious. He sighed heavily but pulled away.

"Right."

We drove out of the gates and once we were far from my house, he slipped his hand into mine and gave me a gentle squeeze. His rough hands wrapped around mine. My fingers were so slim and frail that he could probably crush them if he squeezed, but Steven was always gentle with me.

"Is something wrong?" he asked.

"Hm?"

"You were fiddling with your fingers," he noted, pulling my hand to his lips and planting a kiss. A blush worked up my face and I rolled my eyes. Steven was a hopeless romantic. "You always fiddle with your fingers when you're nervous."

"He saw us," I mumbled.

"Who? You mean that creep who stared at us in the cafeteria?" he snorted. "He won't do anything to us."

"How do you know?"

"Because," said Steven. "I don't know his name."

"So?"

"So, that means he's a nobody," Steven deadpanned. "And no one cares about a nobody. He could spread the most scandalous rumors and no one would care."

I frowned at his harsh words. "He isn't a nobody," I mumbled, fiddling with my bangs. "His name is Thomas."

"And my name is Steven."