Quarantine Series Part 5

Start from the beginning

You were headed towards the bathroom just to get away from all the people for a moment when the drunk girl you were trying to slip past offered you her dab pen. You had never seen this girl before in your life, but you were never one to pass up something free and were too impulsive anyways. You thanked her, though you doubted she could hear you and quickly grabbed it. You took two hits, inhaling deeply, and gave it back to her. It took barely any time for it to hit you, and you immediately felt a bit happier and way less anxious.

"Hey! Y/n!" you heard from further into the crowd. You looked for the source and saw George waving you over from the middle of the room. You made your way over to him, and he pulled you into a bro hug. You guys talked for a while, and you finally felt completely comfortable. You didn't necessarily need to be involved in a conversation to be comfortable at a party, you just needed to be around people that you knew. You had been hanging out for a good while when you realized you'd finished your beer.

"Shit, I gotta go grab another one," you said to George and started to look for a way through to the kitchen.

"I'll come with ya. I could use another beer."

When you got to the kitchen, you both yourself and George a beer. You wished that they had anything except beer, as it hurt your stomach and had too low of an alcohol content for you, but a free drink's a free drink. When you turned around to had George his beer, Alex was there chatting with him. You hoped he wasn't too drunk, because the last thing you needed was for Alex to make a pass at you in front of George after all that effort the two of you had gone through to keep everything a secret. You started coming up with excuses and ways to play it off in your head, but it was unnecessary.

"Hey, Alex," you said while handing George his beer. "Haven't seen you in a while. You having fun?"

"Yeah, I've just been trying to say hi to every one, since I invited them all," he said. The three of you fell into a comfortable pattern of conversation from all the time you spent together. You ended up accidentally telling them that you were disappointed there wasn't any dancing. You felt that it was rude to complain to the hosts, but you had practically forgotten that they were hosting since you had spent so long there that it felt as though it were your place, too. You tried to immediately take it back, telling them that the party was lovely and you really were having a good time. They didn't seem to mind, though.

"Why don't all of us go out again some time? Maybe next weekend. We could go clubbing and you can dance all you want," Alex suggested.

"You sure?" you asked.

"Oh, yeah. It should be fun," Alex said.

"Sounds like a good time to me," George said, "As long as you don't ditch us to go hook up with someone like last time."

You felt your face flush, though you're sure the alcohol already had turned it a bit pink. You were embarrassed that they kept bringing it up, though to be fair it had happened more than once. You were even more embarrassed than you usually would be because of everything that had happened with Alex. You didn't want him to hear about it, even though he was there when it had happened.

"C'mon, you know I won't," you said.

"I dunno...it's a bit of a pattern," George kept going, enjoying how easy it was to tease you.

"Three times is not a pattern," you argued. When no one said anything you got a bit nervous. You didn't want to be someone who had a habit of ditching your friends, and you definitely didn't want your friends to think you only went out with them to find someone to go home with, even if that was sometimes the case. You were worried that maybe you were wrong and that was, in fact, a pattern.