Rire x strade (highschool au)

( warning: angst )
Rire has never stuck around much. Even when strade was so proud of something, he never seemed to care that much. Each time strade was proud of something, Rire just had to bring him down in some way, shape, or form.
— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —
Strade finished up the last of his game and then made his way over to Rire, who was reading a book on the bleachers. He sat down and slid into rires side. "Rire, did you see the way I kicked it? It went so high, when people squinted to see how high it went, their eyes practically closed!" Strade said excitedly. Rire didn't seem to care that much. "I didn't see any of the game because I wasn't watching, strade. I don't watch your games because they're boring, I'm not into football." Rire said, standing up and closing his book. "Now let's go, we need to get home to my place before my parents offer to pick us up." Rire said. Strade sighed and nodded, getting his stuff. He just didn't understand why Rire didn't care, it hurt his feelings so much. He didn't even acknowledge strades feelings when he said stuff like that. Without noticing, strade started to silently tear up. He sniffed a little, and Rire turned around. "Don't tell me you're sick too!" Rire said, grabbing strades face and feeling his forehead. Strade jerked his head away. "I'm not sick physically, but I'm sick mentally. I'm sick mentally...! the stuff you say to me is so mean! You hurt my feelings for no reason. Just because I play football doesn't mean I'm as stupid as everyone else! I'm just as equal as you.. and I'm not a baby either, so stop treating me like one!" Strade pushed Rire to the side and started to walk away. "But strade, where are you gonna—" Rire started to say something, but strade cut him off entirely. "I'm going to MY house, and I will be walking home." Strade said angrily, and then he walked off.

The next day was pretty hard for them both, as they both had a lot of classes together. During the 2nd to last period of the day, Rire passed a note down to strade. It said 'can you meet me in the restroom?', but of course strade couldn't read it. Not only is strades writing like chicken scratch, he just can't identify what it's saying. So strade wrote on the paper and sent it back.

"Can't read it."

"Can
You
Meet
Me
In
The
Restroom?"

"Why?"

"Yes or no (circle)"

Strade circled no and passed it back to Rire. Rire sighed heavily and then sent another note.

"Please?"

"No."

"PLEASE"

"why do you want to talk to me so bad"

"It's really important"

"Fine"
Strade answered and then passed it back to Rire.
After that period was over, they both met in the men's restroom.
Rire fiddled with his fingers and looked at strade. "I'm not good with apologies, but I'm sorry for being so rude, you didn't deserve it- I know you put a lot of effort into your games and stuff. And I know you do because I do actually watch your games. It's just.. I act like I don't care because I don't want people to think I actually like being there.." Rire knew it sounded wrong as soon as it came out.
Strade looked down at the ground. "You know, actually showing people that you like them would boost your popularity.."
Rire sighed and slowly moved over to where strade was standing. He hugged strade softly. "I'm sorry, ok?" Rire said, still holding onto strade tightly. Strade nodded.
"We have to get to our next class now."