surrender

"you're going down van dijk, and there's nothing you can do about it" you sneer as you and ruel circle each other in his room, ready to attack at any moment

"i'm not too sure about that midget, i have more range" ruel shoots back.

"i'm fast though, and i have more skill"

"who lied to you??? you're clumsy as fuck!" he said while smirking

"shut the hell up before i make you" you retorted, already riled up.

this whole affair happens more often than expected between you two, as you both hate studying, yet still decide to try to study together in a vain attempt to be productive on saturdays when you two hang out. most of the time it ends up with you two watching netflix or play fighting, based off of how much energy you two have on any given saturday.

it's been a best friend tradition ever since you were in elementary, hanging out on saturdays to keep your friendship strong. ruels mom suggested it as you both were always free on saturdays, the one day your schedules didn't conflict.

this play fight was created by you two poking each other with your pencils when you got bored of reading the textbook required to complete your notes, to the point you got enraged and threw your textbook across the room, declaring war.

you can't be blamed, after all, with ruels 6'5 body, it gave him an unfair advantage in pencil poking. every time you tried to retaliate, he would simply move out of reach to get you again.

"yo stop being such a pussy and attack me already, we haven't got all day" you taunted, still circling ruel. this fight was less about winning and more about making him mad, as they always are.

considering he had already succeeded at irritating you, he was winning.

"look, you already know you're going to lose, so why don't you just give up already? save you the trouble of an inevitable defeat" he said in a mocking tone, the stupid smirk on his face still going strong.

apparently, that was the last straw for you, as you launched yourself at him, wrapping your arms and legs around his torso and sending him tumbling onto his back with a grunt.

you were now straddling him, putting all your effort into tickling his stomach before he gained his senses and flipped you over, pinning you below him and tickling your sides

"ruel,, please,,,, stop,,, ah!" you managed to say between laughs and gasps for air

in the meantime ruel was having a blast tormenting you, laughing as he saw you struggling in vain to escape from his hands. "sorry sweetheart, but you asked for it!" he said, giggling, as he continued digging his fingers into your sides

you were managing to wriggle out from underneath him when he noticed, and took both of your hands and pinned them above your head with one of his own, preventing your escape.

"no way out now" he said with a smile, leaning towards your face to gloat about his victory

any smart remark you would've had ready died when you saw how close his face was to yours. you could feel his breath on your face, his front hairs almost brushing your cheeks as your eyes met. you glanced down to his lips briefly before looking up at his eyes again out of instinct, making you blush out of embarrassment.

this wasn't the first time that it hit you that ruel was attractive. after all, it was kind of just a fact of life. however, this close up, has been the first time you've been prompted to do something about it.

weirdly, it seems like he had the same idea, as he glanced down to your lips as well, bringing the hand that wasn't pinning yours down to smooth over your bottom lip.