Ch.5 Ice cream

Tw: mentions of suicide ^

Jakes POV

I gave Rich the hoodie I was wearing, he looked so fucking hurt I wish I knew the full story of his life. My parents are gone idk where tf they are rn, my siblings left me and I heard they got in a car crash and they said im the reason they left so that hurt. I start driving I glance over at Rich hidding in my hoodie trying not to cry again. I hold out my hand he looks at me and o my god I died I felt so bad. He takes my hand and I let him know Im here for him. I park my car outside and look at him.

"Do you wanna go inside or do you wanna just head to my place and talk."

It took him a minute to awnser. He started fidgeting with the sleeves.

"Hey Rich look at me" I say

I give him a soft smile.

"Nod or shake your head, do you wanna go inside?" I Ask

He nods his head. I grab my keys and get out the car and wait for Rich. I see him and lock the car before heading inside. A little flash back hits me and I remember while we were in the bathroom I noticed a butterfly on Richs wrist I was gonna ask him about it. We ordered our ice cream and sit down in a booth near the back. While Rich is staring at his ice cream I speak up.

"Hey man I noticed something on your wrist it kinda resembles a butterfly whats it for" I say

"Uh I-it h-helps me f-from c-c-cutting" He says

Shit I shouldn't have said anything I know he's sensitive with this. Think Jake he looks like he's gonna break into tears um fuck shit um ahhhh.

"J-jake?" He says rather softly

"Yes, Rich" I say

"C-can you co-come over tonight....pleathe" he says

I don't need him getting in shit again. Maybe that's why he needs me to protect him.

"Yes of course let me phone Dustin"

"Why"

"We had plans but you need me right  now so"

"Yo Dustin I need yo cancel things for tonight......cause Rich needs me........I don't care if thats what you think.........fuck you man" I hung up on him I couldn't listen to him again.

"W-what did h-he thay about me" He asks

"Um a fag" I say

"Of courthe he did  why wouldn't he thats all I am to people"

"Rich you're not a fag okay I mean I wouldn't care if you liked guys honestly cause at the end of the day you're still Rich Goranski" I say

Fuck I made him cry.

"Shit im sorry" I say

"Its cool glad to know someone loves me" He says

I'd be lying if I say I didn't die inide my stomach went jsbrdi3ioanrhfjv.

"Uh ahem anyways wanna get out of here" I ask

He nods his head I grab my keys and we get in the car I for some reason let Rich decide the music lets just say we listened to barbie girl like 6 times before arriving at his house.

I check the time 4 0 6 okay we've got a couple minutes to chill.

"I wanna show you something" he says getting out of the car and running

I quickly follow him to his backyard and I see a treehouse and his eyes light up like a 6 year old its adorable , shit um anyway he starts climbing ( higher and higher one foot after other until the entire sun shines on his face )  As soon as I climb up its a nice few it'd be nicer when the sun is rising or setting though. But the sun is up and it's shining right on Rich and some bruises are coming more visible and it hurts to look at. I rest my hand back down on the wood structure.

"Uh Jake" he says

"Yea?"

I look at him and he signals towards our hands as Im holding his. My face flushes and I pull away laughing awkwardly.

Rich POV

Holy shit. Jake was holding my hand im glad my dad passes out by 3 then again at 10. He would've yelled at me. I smile and look at my clock it's about time I get inside or else Ima get beat again. I nod at Jake so he can move his car my dad will see it and he'll get p i s s e d. I run inside to see my dad sleeping which is good he should wake up soon enough. I text Jake letting him know he should come back later for his safety and mine. But I know either way im not safe and what Jake doesn't know is about Nevermind I dont need to go on not like there's gonna be anymore to my life.

^ ( mentioning of suicide starts here ends when you see ^ again)

I wrote a note before leaving for school I wanted to seem confident and happy but I completely broke down last night after it got too much I covered up with longer pants and a hoodie but theres cuts on my thighs and up both arms from the past few weeks I almost succeeded freshman year first week. Then again 2 months later once again 2 weeks after that. By the end of the summer I have attempted 9 times. Make that 10 today hopefully it works the only things stopping me is Jake. He's everything to me he's the reason I wake up in the morning the reason I go to school he gives me something I can't describe the thought of leaving him hurts me but I know its better this way. I reach into my pocket to grab my note its gone. Shit. I look around my room and I cant find it. I run outside to the treehouse and its not there. I call Jake.

Jakey d........

Jake I lost a piece of paper

I k-know I found it

Where are you I need it

R-rich t-talk to me

Im sorry

R-rich im coming b-back t-to your h-house

N-no ple-

Call ended  1:00

I throw my phone to the ground and clutch my head im panicking Jake read the note fuck. Why didn't I just leave it at home. Jake's gonna be mad at me for even trying. He doesn't know about the other 9 times. Im cut off with a door opening and closing....a car door. I hear footsteps I fall to the ground crying.

"HOW COULD YOU THINK ABOUT DOING THIS YOU REALLY THINK KILLING YOURSELF WOULD HELP YOU THINK I'D BE HAPPIER. RICH SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING ARMS I NEED TO KNOW"

"No Jake! Im thorry im tho stupid I know im sorry!" I sobbed

"Rich" He says

He crotches next to me trying to calm me. He unlatches my hands from my head and without thinking I latch onto him and start crying into his chest.

"Im s-sorry"

"Hey don't be sorry I lm the one who lashed out on you." he stroked my hair until I was calm.

"T-this wasn't the first time Jake" I say

"What do you mean"

"I've attempted 9 fucking times" I cry

"Oh Rich" he says

"You're the reason im still here"

End of chapter

Word count: 1284

Hey I know its kinda been slow with  the updates but just shit's happening so I'll try and um I have lots planned for future chapters