Chapter 15: Levi's Detention for the Otaku

Start from the beginning

     I touched Beel's hands and spoke. "Beel, I am not mad that you and your brothers did that. I understand why all of you decided to do that. I still have to say sorry to you because of what I did back there. I'm sorry."

     Beel shook his head. "You didn't know. You forgot about it because of that amnesia."

     "I guess," I replied. "But, Beel, now I need to know how to undo the spell. I still have to undo the spells on your other brothers to be able to apologize to them."

     "What if they just put on the spell on themselves again?" Beel asked.

     "Then, I can't stop them, can I?" I said with a sad smile. "It is their choice. I just want to be able to properly apologize to them."

     "You need to tap on their deepest desire," Beel finally said.

     "Their... deepest desire?" I asked, somewhat confused.

     "Yeah," Beel answered. "Like how Levi likes his animes and figurines and games so much. You have to be able to get him to want to see you and hear you using it."

     "Doesn't he like... didn't know I exist?" I asked.

     "Yes, but somewhere deep inside of him, he knows you. He can deny that with the spell, but he can't hide it," Beel said.

     "I see..." I said and thought hard on what to do.

     "Uhhmmm... Merielle..." Beel said.

     "Yeah?" I spoke.

     "M-my hand..." he simply said.

     I immediately looked and saw that I am still holding his hand. I quickly let go, grabbed my pizza and continued devouring it. I looked at Beel and he did the same with his sandwich... his cheeks burning red as a tomato.

     I told everything to Mammon. Everything Beel said about the spell and how to break it.

     "So you had to do that, huh..." Mammon muttered. "But how are ya gonna do that?"

     "I spent half of my time starting from the time that we entered this classroom for detention thinking about it," I said with a confident smile. "And I have just the plan." I took out my phone from my pocket. I don't think I am supposed to have this during detention, but I slipped it inside my pocket anyway. "Levi clearly liked that anime we watched with the others while you were hanging upside down. I just need to make him want to see what I am talking about and you are gonna help me with it."

     "Not if I don't get anythin' in return. That is too much work," Mammon said with a shrug.

     "Ugh... you really live up to your title, don't you?" I said and sighed. "Fine. I'll help you carve that marble statue back to its original shape. There are a lot of statues near it that looked exactly like it, but you are gonna buy the materials."

     "You know how to carve?" Mammon asked in shock.

     "I went to Blooming Lotus Academy, Mammon," I said proudly. "It is a prestigious private academy for rich sons and daughters of ridiculously rich people. Unfortunately, I am one of them and I happen to be very curious at almost everything that I wanted to try everything! I want to learn as many things as I can. Plus, extracurricular activities are a great way for me to have extra grades at school. One of the extracurricular activities I happen to have taken was in arts and lined to it is carving statues in marble stones."

     "I wouldn't deny about the part where you are too curious," Mammon with a cheeky grin. "Lucifer almost got you killed for... I think... three times on your first year here at Devildom because you like sticking your nose in things you should not."