Nightmares

For the next few days Sophie had been mostly unconscious.

She didn't know what was happening. All she felt was pain. Every time she opened her eyes, she would close them immediately. She just wanted to go back to sleep. Where her body didn't hurt as much.

She had tried to listen to what the nurses were saying, but her head ached, and after a few attempts, she gave up.

Keefe.

His name stayed in her mind at all time. It was the reason she was doing this. For him. He deserved it.

So during the three days of torture, she thought of him. Not Fitz, just him

"...done with her."

She heard a doctor speaking. And then she realized.

The pain was gone.

Yes, she was hurt, but...That searing white pain that she had felt was finally gone.

"She's awake."said a gruff voice. "I should leave."

"Yes, you should,"replied a cold female voice. "And Mark? Take her to the same room as the boy."

Sophie took a deep breath, wincing as she felt her lungs burn. Maybe she should take it easy from now on.

She felt herself being picked up, and kept her eyes closed, not wanting to open them.

The person carrying her wasn't careful at all, and Sophie felt her hair being dragged on the floor.

'Mark' kept dragging along, clearly not caring about her fragile condition.

After what seemed like an eternity, she felt herself being laid down on a soft bed, which was incredibly comfortable compared to the one she had been sleeping on. The second her head hit the pillow, she fell asleep for the first time in days with out being drugged.

Tears ran down Sophie's cheeks as she saw all of her fears. One at a time, they appeared, whether it was people she loved dying, or seeing the Neverseen.

"Make it stop,"she said, begging the heartbreaking scenes to end. "Please just make it stop."

But it didn't stop. Every time she begged, the scenes became stronger.

One kept repeating itself. A blond boy, with ice blue eyes, jumping in front of her to save her from dying.

"Foster. Foster!"

She felt someone's tapping her shoulder gently.

"Foster. Sophie please wake up!"

Sophie slowly opened her eyes to see the blond boy, trying to wake her up.

Keefe.

She sat straight up, gasping for air as her nightmare came back to her. She felt tears on her cheeks and was shivering.

Keefe's eyes were wide as he watched her bury her head in her hands.

"Make it stop,"she whispered.

"What did she do to you," Keefe swore under his breath as he wrapped an arm around her, being careful not to hurt her.

Sophie couldn't stop crying. For the next dozen minutes, that's all the did.

She felt terrible. Every single muscled in her body was burning, and she could feel cuts on her hands.

Keefe just sat there, hugging her. She was grateful that he was here with her. He didn't say anything, seeming to be lost in his own thoughts.