Changes

"Chev. Chev! Wake up!"

My eyelids flutter open and scan the room. White. Not the aqua blue of my bedroom.

"Doctor, how is she? How long had she been in her state?"

"A few hours, you're lucky that she's alive. Usually this is fatal. She's a fighter."

A lady looks down at me with her blue eyes. She's not a doctor, and I have never seen her before. What is she doing here?

I look to my left, and see tubes and other things connected to my body, I struggle to get up. How did I get here? What happened?

"Look, she's awake! Oh god, Chev! What in your right mind got into you! Are you insane?!?!

I stand up , and I get tugged down by the tubes, coming out of either side of my arms. It hurts like crazy, and I shriek as I get pushed back down by the force. Blood seeps out of my arm. The doctors push me back into the hospital bed, and try to calm me down.

Why am I here? Who was that lady with the blue eyes? What are they going to do to me?!?

I struggle through deep breaths as the hold me down; I struggle to get out of their reach.

"Stop...STOP. I. Need. My. Mom. Stop! Stop!"

They watch me as I struggle, and plea for help.

Just before they put an air mask over my mouth, I leap out of the bed. The tubes rip out of my arm, and I run through the hospital in a gown. I probably looked like some crazed teen, but I don't care. I need to get out of there.

"Wait, girl! Stop that girl!"

I run into the waiting room, and are surrounded by people giving me weird looks. I spot my mom, and run over to her.

"Mom, Mom!"

"Chev what are you doing out here!??!? Why aren't you in the hospital bed?"

"Mom, Mom the weird doctors were pushing me down and trying to put me to sleep and hurting me!"

"Chev, here, I 'll come with you."

Just then, the doctors run into the waiting room creating a huge scene to the public.

"You! Girl! Why are you out here, and who is she?"

The doctors point at my mother, and she stands in front of me to protect me.

"She's my daughter if you mind, and I came because I got a phone call informing me that she was here."

The doctors look at her as if she's insane.

"What are you speaking of ma'am? Her mother's in her room. She was with this girl."

My mother looks at them shocked.

"Sir, I believe you have the incorrect girl, my daughter is here, and I am her mother. I don't know who that lady is in the room, I just know that Chev is my daughter. Where is this lady?"

The doctor's rush back to the room, and come back twice as fast.

"Well, where is this lady? I need to talk to her."

The doctors look dumbfounded, and the tallest one answers her loudly.

"She's not here."

"What do you mean 'she's not here'?"

"She left. She was in the room, and your daughter ran, and she left."

I rush back to the room, to see for myself but the lady is gone. All that is left from her is a blue scarf.

I pick up the scarf, and a note falls out. I stain the scarf a bit with my arm, still spilling blood.

I snatch the note, and open it up.

It reads:

"Chev Renee Lorbet has been in a coma for 5 hours."

It didn't help much, and I didn't know what happened after I ran into the woods. I need to know who this woman is and why she was here. Maybe she knew my secret. But how, did she know?