2| 𝘔𝘢𝘥 𝘔𝘢𝘹 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘚𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘢𝘳 𝘚𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘢

Start from the beginning

-"I don't know."

-"Zero. That's how many. She shows up at school the day after someone with her same name breaks our top score."

-"So, you think that she's Mad Max?" Stella asks while pointing discretely in the skateboarding girls direction.

-"Exactly. So she's gotta be Mad Max. And plus she skateboards, so she's pretty awesome." Lucas nods with a grin. Was he whipped or something?

-"Awesome? You haven't even spoken a word to her." Mike starts to grow flustered, he crosses his arms across his chest as the painful memory of Eleven's disappearance, comes to his mind.

-"I don't have to. I mean, look at her." Lucas turns to Mike, taking his eyes off of Max.

Stella rolls her eyes at the boys, and scoffs lightly. She chuckles and shakes her head causing Will, Mike, and Lucas to turn their attention to her.

-"You guys are acting like a bunch of creeps. You do know that, right? Spying on some girl you don't even know. Why not go and talk to her?" 

-"Crap I've lost the target." Dustin says frantically while scanning the area. Five pairs of eyes search through the crowd of kids. The red head was no where in sight and Stella could tell that Lucas was slightly freaking out.

-"Oh! There." Will points to her. All eyes immediately turning to him, and then Max.

The red head looks around before dropping a piece of crumbled up paper into the near by trash bin. Before Stella can stop them, the boys hurry across the lawn and practically dive into the trash.

-"Come on guys!" She says while walking across towards them. She places one hand on her hip, and the other on her forehead as she watches them

-"Got it. There we go." Dustin holds up the paper triumphantly. They all gather around him, and he unfolds the balled up paper.

"Stop spying on me, creeps." They all read in unison. Lucas sighs in disappointment, and Mike rolls his eyes. Dustin hands the paper to Will who reads it over again.

The curly haired boy frowns as he stares hardly at the cement. He lets out a puff of air before turning around.

-"Well, son of a-"

-"Don't say it!"

Stella yells, causing the other kids around them to stop and stare at her.

( • • • )

History was never Stella's favorite subject. Especially back in seventh grade. Not much had changed over the year, but since they were now studying old England, it wasn't so bad anymore. It was the last class of the day, so that was a bonus.

She took a seat towards the back of the class and started to pull out her needed supplies. It didn't take the girl long to see the glimpse of the red hair that flew past her. She looked up and her eyes went wide when she saw Max Mayfield sitting in the seat to her right.

-"Hey, so what are you are guys learning?" She asks, catching Stella off guard. Max sounded uninterested, tired and bored. Her eyes wandered around the classroom as she watched kids pile in, and take seats next to their friends.