Chapter 2. Meeting the new teacher

We went in thru the door to the school and in in our classroom were we would get books, keys to our lockers and other stuff that you need to the school. Since Anna has Amanda as her last name and Klara is named Birrell in last name we got lockers next to each other, mine is in the middle. When we stand at our lockers a group of girls that are talking to each other walks by:

"Have you heard that there is a new math teacher. I hope he's better then the last one." one of the girls say.

When i heard it i got a bit sad. Because when a new teacher starts the guys always are stupid towards them so that they will quite. The new teacher also always has other ways of teaching then the first one.

"A new teacher, it has never happened before", Klara says sarcasticaly.

"I wonder if he's like the one we had before or if he's totally different", Anna says.

"I guess we get to know that soon", i conclude and look down at our schedule in my hands "because we have him now", they look down at their schedules to and we starts walking towards the classroom.

.

.

.

.

.

.

When i walk inside the classroom i see our new teacher sitting behind his desk looking down at a bunch of papers. He has black hair and look to be in his twenties. I sit down in the front row were i have been sitting all the other years.

When the school bell rings to tell that the first class has started he looks up from his papers. His eyes scan the room, and wen it comes to me it stops and i hear him mumble "mate" in a happy voice. I get confused and raise my eyebrows. He sees that and focus on the whole class again.

"My name is Tom White, but you can call me mr White. Im twenty-two years old, and this is my first teaching job", he says and avoids looking at me.

"Today we are going to learn about the nines times table", says he and hands out a paper to everybody. "Alanna you can start whit the first number and then Klara can take the next number, and so on."

I get a feeling that he choose me because of what he mumbled before. But i ignore it and read the first number.

The rest of the class goes by fine without anything else happening. When its just a couple of minutes left of the class he says:

"I'll se you at the last lesson when we are going to have english."

Klara, Anna and I goes out of the classroom and heads to the next class we have.