Chapter 9. Meeting the rest of the friends

After the probably most embarrassing class in my entire life I start walking back to my looker. Tom catches up with me and walks beside me.

"So...." Tom tries to start.

"I can almost promise you one hundred procent that the others isn't like him. He is just special. The others are normal and not weird like him." I hurry to say and Tom looks away.

Just then we reach my looker and I pick up my history book,  he looks back at me and our eyes meet, in them I see sadness to an extent I haven't seen before. "Do you like him?" He asks and I gasped in shock of him even suggesting such a thing.

"Why would you even ask that. Of course I like him. But only as a friend. Nothing more. I'm only ten I shouldn't like anyone in another way." Now I'm starting to get angry at him for even asking such a stupid question.

"Okey, I'm sorry Alanna. It's just ... you know." He say and shrugs his shoulders.

"You know what? I don't know!" I raise my voice and now I am angry for real. " The only thing I know right know is that I'm going to class and then I'm going to have lunch, and for your own sake, don't be like this then because otherwise I will go back home to my parents." I slam my looker shut and storm of. As I look back I see him standing at my locker with his jaw on the floor.

******

At history I can't stop thinking about Tom and how sad he looked when he asked if I liked Anton. I regret getting angry at him and saying that I would go back to my parents, because in reality, I wouldn't go back to that home ever again even if I could. There is something strong holding me back from leaving Tom and my new home.

The bell finally rings and I get up from my seat in the front row, as usual. I haven't even taken one step out the door when my history teacher, Miss Singer calls my name.

"Alanna!" I turn around towards her with a sigh. "I need to talk to you about something. Can you stay a couple of minutes?" I nod, walk back to the chair I sat in before and sit back down. She waits for all the students to go out and then sits down on her desk, that happens to be right in front of me.

"Alanna I just wanted to congratulait you on finding your mate. Everybody in the pack was worried about him and that he hadn't found his mate yett." The words fall from her mouth fast.

"What do you mean? What is a mate, and I have one?" I'm really confused right know.

"Hasn't he told you yett? Ops! Then forget I even said anything. I don't want you to be late for your next class. Goodluck with everything and see you later!" She drags me out of my chair, out the door and close the door in my face.

Well that was weird.

******

I walk into the cafeteria. They're serving pizza today so I crab a couple of slices and look around the cafeteria. I spot Sharon, Heather, Aaron and Adrian sitting at their usual table. I walk towards the table.

"Were's Anton?" I ask them when I get to the table.

"He took of. He was pretty pissed. We have no idea were he dissapeared tho." Aaron says.

"We were actually gonna ask you if you knew were he was since you were the last one that had a class with him before he dissapeared. But since you don’t know I suppose there’s no reason even asking you." Heather says.

"But perhaps you know what happened that made him angry." Sharon say unsure wathever I would get mad or not.

"He was late and started talking to me in class. Tom told him that if he continued his detention would get longer." I say and just shrugg my shoulders. Surprisingly I don’t get effected talking about it I just get annoyed at Anton for his behavior.

We change the subject. A couple of minutes later Tom comes into the cafeteria and heads straigt for our table.

"Hey Alanna." I jump up from my seat and hug him hard. "I missed you" he whispers in my ear.

"I missed you too." I whisper back.

"Hello mr White." Heather says and waves. We quickly seperate and I sit back down.

"Hey Heather, Sharon, Aaron and Adrian." he says with a smile. "So you guys are Alannas new friends. Nice to meet you all."

"Yeah we're her new friends. Plus Anton of course." Aaron says happily.

"It's the guy I met before in english right? The one that made you cry Alanna." he says angrily and looks down at me. I take a hold of his hand and drag him down on the bench beside me. He puts his hand on my back and rubs soothing circles there. It probably looks weird but i don't care. I just want him to comfort me and be happy again.

"What?! He made you cry. What a shithead he is." Heather says and all the others nod in agreement. They continue saying soothing words to me and saying bad things about Anton to make me feel better. Tom soon joins them and keeps rubing my back.

*****

Just as we are about to leave the cafeteria Anton walks towards us.

"Where were you Anton? We all thought you had left." Adrian asks.

"Alanna can I talk to you alone." Is all he say and starts walking into the hall. I give my friends a reassuring look and then look at Tom. With my eyes I tell Tom that everything will be fine and that he can trust me. I then go after Anton. He has stoped in one of the corners in the hallway and I stop infront of him. I keep a safe distance from him because I don’t know how mad he is at me. I mean he shouldn't be mad at me I'm the one who should be angry for what he did, not him. I didn’t do anything to him.

"I'm sorry for pushing you into talking about something that made you cry." he says and lowers his head looking down at the floor. "I don’t like seing you cry." he mumbles lowly and I don't think I was suppose to hear that. He looks up again and finds my eyes. We just stare into eachothers eyes for a while until I turn my gase away. I can't handle looking people in the eyes for to long. It's so intens. It's as if you're looking into someones soul. I've never looked into another persons eyes for as long as I just looked into Antons. I feel brave around him.

"It's okay Anton. I understand that you didn’t do it on purpose and that you were only trying to look out for me." I say and I truly mean it. He walk towards me and we hug eachother. I pull away but he keeps an arm around my shoulders and starts leading us towards my looker.

The rest of the day after every lesson I walk out the classroom door and he's standing there just waiting for me. Everytime. He has his arm around me all the time and we talk nonstop and the conversation just flows. No awkward moments. It feels like we've known eachother our whole lives. And I'm in love with the feeling of finally fitting in.

A/N:
Hope you liked it!