Chapter 8. Meeting Anton

The next day Tom wakes me up by calling out that breakfast is ready. I stand up and walk to my closet to change out of my pajamas and into clothes that is fitting for the day. Today Tom is going to met Anton, Aaron and Sharon for the first time. I'm a bit nervous that he won't except them as my friends, since he's like a brother to me and best friend his opinion matters.

I put on a plain white camisole and black jeans to match it and walk out of my room. I find Tom standing in the kitchen putting bacon and fried eggs on two plates. I sitt down on the couch and start the television. Soon afterwards Tom sitts down beside me and hands me one of the plates.

Half an hour later Tom stands up and takes the plates to the sink and walks to the hall.

"Where are you going?"

"I need to leave for the school now. We're going to have a meeting and plan the rest of the week." He answers my question.

"Ok. See you later then." I wave goodbye to him from the couch and he waves back and starts to close the door when I come to think of something. "Wait, who is driving me to school then?"

"Stupid me," he says and slaps himself on the forehead. "I forgot to tell you that, good of you to ask me so that I got to tell you. Thomas is going to be driving you to school today. Is that okej for you?"

"That is more then okej with me I love being with your brother." as soon as the words leave my mouth I see Tom getting a bit angry and sad. If I've learned anything in these two months about Tom is that he easily gets jealous of his brother when I say stuff like that so I hurry to explain what i ment. "Not as much as I like being with you I mean. Are you not going to be late if you stay any longer?" I try changing the subjekt.

He looks down at his clock. "Yeah, you're right I'm going to be late. See you in school. I'm really looking forward to seeing your new friends." He closes the door.

That was close. He almost started passing back and fort screaming at me like he always does after me saying nice things about his brother or any other guy. I wonder what that is about?

I don't have to wait for Thomas long after that, only five minutes. He opens the door and i run into his arms.

"Hey sis. Are you ready to go now?" He asks.

"I just need to turn of the tv and then I'm ready." I walk to the couch and pick up the remote. I press the turn off button, put the remote on the table and walk back to Thomas. "Now I'm ready."

"Good. Then we can leave now." We walk out the door together hand in hand.

*****

Arriving at school I walk to my locker to get my english book. When I get to the classroom I see Anton, leaning against the wall beside the doorframe, waiting for me.

"Hi Anton."

"Hi." He answers me coldly.

"After the class i want to introduce you to someone, if that's okey with you?" He just shruggs his shoulders and say nothing. "Okey just wait inside the classroom when the class has ended. Can you do that?" He shruggs his shoulders again and I sigh and walk into the classroom.

"Hi Tom. After class you're going to meet one of my friends. The rest of my friends you will meet at lunch because they don't have any of your classes at the same time as me." I told him.

"Hi Alanna. That works for me. Looking forward to it." he answers me and I smile and walk to a table at the front in the middle.

The bell rings and Anton haven't walked into the classroom yet. What is he doing? He was just outside the door less than two minutes ago. Seven minutes later he walks into the classroom and sits down beside me at the same table. Tom looks at him and then me and rolls his eyes. I laugh a little at him. Anton leans in to whisper in my ear.

"What's so funny?" when I look at him to see if he is joking I see that he is totally serious.

I lean in and whisper in his ear. "To-Mr White just rolled his eyes at you being late. That is funny."

I see Anton getting fake angry at what I said and I laugh at him. He joins my laughing but then his expression shows that he has realized something.

"Do you use first names with the teacher? Why?" now he was angry for real.

"He's kind of taking care of me. As in I am living with him and he takes care of me."

"Is he your father?" he asks still angry.

"No." I say quietly almost so that he doesn't hear me.

"Then why are you living with him?" I look down at the table.

"I don't know. He takes care of me and gives me all that I want. The most important thing is that every time he looks at me i see pure love in his eyes. Even my parents didn't look at me with that much love. Maybe because they just cared about how well I did in school." I answer him and my eyes tear up.

"Don't cry please." Anton say and I look back up at him and see that his expression has changed again. This time it shows concern. "I won't bring it up again I promise."

"Anton. Alanna. Do you care to share your conversation with the rest of the class?" Tom interrupts our conversation. He looks at Anton and if looks could kill, Anton would be dead now.

"No, we don't want to share our conversation. We are sorry for disturbing your class. We won't do it again. Promise." Anton looks at Tom with a challenging look.

"If you do it again you both get to stay after school. Anton since you were seven minutes late you are going to stay efter school for twenty minutes. Just so you know." Tom says and with those words he closes the conversation and continues the class.