Chapter 1. Alanna

I instantly wake up to my mother vacuuming downstairs. I get up from the bed and get dressed.

"Alanna if you don't get up now you will be late to your first day of school" my mom shouts at me and i begin to walk down the stairs.

My parents are very strict when it comes to anything that is related to the school. If i come one minute late to school my parents won't do something fun whit me in the end of every week. But i understand that they are only doing it to try to prepare me for how it will be when i start in the eight grade. Today i am starting the third grade and tomorrow i turn ten years old, so its pretty early to start preparing me for the eight grade, but the sooner the better.

"I woke up a moment before you told me so it was unnecessary that you said something at all" i say whit a grumpy voice when i get to the last step of the staircase.

I walk into the kitchen and sit down on a kitchen chair.

"In such cases it was good that you already was awake" she says as she turns her head towards me and look at me with her blue eyes and smiles.

I have inherited my blue eyes after my mom and my brown hair after my dad, i am 120 cm long which is quite strange because my parents are very tall, but i guess i grow and become taller as i get older.

My eyes scan the kitchen after my father but he's not here.

"Mom, where is dad?" i ask with a worried voice.

"He had to leave for work, one of his patients got worse and the others on his work doesn't know what to do."

"Are you drive me to school then?"

"Sure, i can do that but i am coming home late tonight, we are going to have a meeting on what to do about the flowers that are dying" she answers.

We put on our jackets, get in the car and start driving to the school.

.

.

.

.

.

Fifteen minutes later and we are in front of the school and my friends comes running and gives me a big hug.

"I have missed you so much under the vacation, its a pity that Anna and i needed to go on vacation. But i had a lot of fun when i was away in Hawaii" Klara says when we break the hug and begins walking towards the school building.

"Bye Mrs Beck" Klara shouts.

"Bye mom se you tomorrow" i shout as i turn my head and look over my shoulder.

Little did i know then that that would be the last time i saw her. For a while anyway.