This really wasn't good for Mikael's heart.

'Is there a way to stop the craving thing?' Taz wrote. 'Not that I want it to stop... I like cuddling with you at night.' His cheeks darkened in color at the last bit, and he buried his face in Mikael's neck. His ears were red. Mikael chuckled, and wrapped his arms lightly around Taz's waist.

"The only way to stop the need to touch for a few hours each day is if we mated. But, to do that, we'd literally have to... mate, and I don't think either of us are ready for that." When Taz shot him a curious look, Mikael almost cried.

He needs to stop being so cute and innocent my heart cannot take this.

Mikael made a few hand gestures, and Taz's cheeks lit up like a bonfire, and he buried his face in Mikael's chest. Mikael snorted, and Taz's tail flicked in the air, writing out an 'oh', and Mikael could practically hear the embarrassment radiating off of it.

"Yeah." Mikael laughed softly, pressing a kiss to Taz's temple. Taz was silent for a few moments before he lifted his head, fingers tracing figures on Mikael's cheeks.

'Then I'll give you all the cuddles and hugs until then.'

"What about my kisses?" Mikael pouted, and he grinned when Taz rolled his eyes, tail flicking.

'I guess I can give you those too.'

Mikael woke with tears in his eyes and a smile on his face. Sitting up in his bed, he raked a hand through his hair, glancing at the sleeping figure of his sister across the room. It was the first night that he'd slept alone since he and Taz had accepted their feelings for one another, and Mikael felt empty.

Glancing at the clock, Mikael nearly groaned when he realized it was five A.M., and he slid back beneath the covers, trying to force himself to go back to sleep. The faint scent of Taz's cherry blossom soap still lingered on his sheets, and Mikael fought back a choked cry when the image of Taz's bloodied body flashed through his head.

No. He couldn't do this.

Mikael slipped out of bed quietly, glancing at his sister as he threw on some clothes. Mikael shoved his feet into some shoes and made his way downstairs, and thankfully, everyone was still asleep. He left his house, and exhaled heavily, glancing at the slowly brightening sky, and began jogging. He was surprised when he encountered Cadence, who nearly tripped when he saw Mikael wave.

"Wow, you look like shit." Cadence blurted as soon as Mikael was within earshot.

"You're one to talk." Cadence had dark bags beneath his eyes, and he looked absolutely exhausted and stressed. The two of them scowled at each other briefly, before they took up on the slow jog again. "Couldn't sleep?" Mikael asked.

"Not at all." Cadence sighed, heterochromatic eyes flicking from side to side, as if looking for something, or someone. They didn't make it very far before Cadence was wheezing for breath, and Mikael vaguely remembered Taz talking about Cadence's... lack of athletic prowess.

"Should we go get a coffee, or something?" Mikael suggested. "We've got to get to school soon." Cadence groaned, and dragged himself to his feet from where he collapsed on a bench.

"Sure." The two of them had just gotten their coffee in their to-go cups when they saw a small crowd gathered across the street. It was about a block away from the school, and the two supernaturals were about to leave when they caught the metallic scent of blood.

"This is horrifying..."

"Murdered in cold blood..."

"Someone call the police!"