"Well aren't you just a pretty little whore?" Bowers twirled some of your hair around his fingers and tried to pull you in for a kiss. Before he could, you shoved the rock from earlier in his mouth and kneed him in the stomach. That caused him to spit out the rock "Agh! You fucking bitch!"

He shoved you away which made you fall into the creek and slam your head against the ground. You cried out as stars burst in your eyes. Someone shouted and the rock war began. Two arms pulled you up to you feet, but you were immediately hit it the stomach with a flying rock.

Eventually, the bullies retreated, yelling something about regretting it, but no one paid any mind.

"Go blow your dad, you mullet wearing asshole!" Richie shouted as everyone walked away from the scene. You grabbed his arm and dragged him out of the woods back to the bikes.

"Thanks guys, but you really shouldn't have done that," Mike shook his head as you made the trek back through the woods. After all, the bikes were just left in the middle of the road. "Now he's going to be after you too."

"Bowers is always after us," you shrugged.

"I guess that one th-thing we all have in common," Bill sounded proud. You smiled at him, the proud feeling swelling through you too.

"Yeah, homeschool, welcome to the Losers Club."

---

As the losers stood in an alleyway, looking at the newest missing poster, Richie tried to play a band member's instrument, not really caring about the topic of conversation. Eddie had gone somewhere too. The sun beat down on you while everyone stared at the newest missing face, Edward Corcoran.

"They say they found part of his arm chewed up at the sandpipe," Stan stated, breaking the tense silence.

"He asked to borrow a pencil once," Ben hummed as he looked down at his shoes.

"I-I-It's like she's been forgotten just because Corcoran is m-m-mi-missing," Bill scowled as he lifted up the poster to reveal Betty Ripsom's picture.

"Is this ever going to end?" Stan asked quietly. No one answered, everyone just silently hoped Bill wouldn't lift enough papers to see his brothers poster because God only knows how he would react.

Eddie rounded the corner with two ice cream cones. He kept one for himself and handed the other to Richie who had finally decided to leave the poor band kids alone. "What are you guys talking about?"

"What they always talk about," Richie huffed, rolling his eyes.

"I think it will end," Ben answered Stan's question from before. "For a little while, at least."

"What do you mean?" Beverly asked. She had been quiet almost the whole way to the fair, she was pretty shaken up about everything she saw.

"So, I was going over all of my Derry research and I charted out all of the big events. Like the Iron Works in 1908, the Bradley Gang in '35, and the Black Spot in '52, and now kids being..." he trailed. Ben cleared his throat and continued nervously. "I realized this stuff happens every--"

"Twenty-seven years," Bill cut him off.

The group agreed to find a place to sit since it was most likely going to be a long discussion. Stan, Mike, Bev, and Ben sat on a bench while the rest of you settled on your bikes, propping up the kickstand.