Chapter 41

You, Hermione and Ron rushed through the corridors and up the stairs following closely behind Harry. "Harry are you sure?" Hermione asked.

"I saw it! It's just like with Mr Weasley. It's the same door I've been dreaming about for months only i couldn't remember where i'd seen it before. Sirius said Voldemort was after something, something he didn't have the last time and it's in the department of mysteries." Harry explained. 

"Harry please just listen." Hermione pleaded. Harry stopped thankfully and turned to the three of you. "What if Voldemort wanted you to see this. He's only hurting Sirius because he's trying to get to you-"

"Well what if he is?" Harry interrupted. "I'm suppose to just let him die? Hermione he's the only family I've got left."

"What do we do?" Ron asked. 

"we'll have to use the floo network." Harry said as the four of you began running again. 

"Umbridge has the chimney's under surveillance." Hermione said. 

"Not all of them!" Harry replied 

"Why are there so many stairs?" You panted whilst holding your ribs.

"Stop complaining." Ron chuckled.

"That's the first time." You defended "You know what I think I'll just go on lookout, I'm not going up anymore stairs." 

"Are you sure?" Harry asked.

"Yes and I'll go find everybody." You said.

Harry, Ron and Hermione continued and you took a deep breath which made you think how much you needed to get back to playing Quidditch again because you couldn't even run up the stairs, well that and you just couldn't be bothered to run up them anymore.

You were leaning againt the wall when you noticed a few students going down the end of the corridor and then you saw Neville go past. 

"Neville!" You called out. He didn't hear you so you quickly speed walked to catch up with him.

"Where's Harry?" He asked you. You told him where the three of them had gone to and then you began to just have a conversation with him but Neville's face seemed to lose it's colour.

"Are you alright?" You asked with concern. 

"I think we might have missed Umbridge go by." He said with a small stammer.

"Wha-" You turned around and saw Theodore Nott and Draco at the other end with smirks on both their face. "We need to go!" You said quickly and grabbed Neville's arm.

"Ginny is further down, we need to tell her!" Neville said picking up his pace. 

"Need to tell her what?" You heard from behind you. Neville froze in his place and you tried to get him to move but he didn't so you turned around to face the two Slytherins. 

"Tell her about a plant." You lied. "Neville has found a really cool one." You nudged Neville to make him go along with it but he still didn't say anything. 

"Nice try." Nott said and grabbed you.

"No, I'll take her you take the statue." Draco said motioning to Neville.

Nott and Neville began to head back up the corridor in front of you whilst you and Draco followed behind. "You don't have to hold me like I'm a criminal." You muttered and tried to pull your arm out of Draco's grip.

"I do because I know you'll try and get away." He whispered to you. 

"Well you should let me go if you really care about me." You said and tried to give him a sad look but he didn't make eye contact with you and carried on moving you forwards. "You know she could kill me and who's fault would it be? Yours." 

"I really doubt she's going to kill you pumpkin." He chuckled. "Probably just use the imperius or cruciatus curse on you."

"It's not funny Draco." You said and elbowed his side hard to try make him let go.

"Not for you, but for me? Pretty amusing." He said as you reached Umbridge's office. "Caught this one along with him trying to help the Weasley girl." Draco announced and the 'him' being Neville.

You looked around the room and saw Harry sat down along with a couple other members of the DA held by the inquisitorial squad. Draco held one of your arms behind your back and with his other hand he had his wand pointed towards you. 

"You were going to Dumbledore weren't you?" Umbridge asked Harry as she bent down to his level. 

"No." Harry replied. Umbridge slapped him across the face. You flinched and you felt Draco move his hand discreetly into yours.  

"You sent for me headmistress." Snape was in the doorway.

"Snape." Umbridge perked up. "Yes, the time has come for answers whether he wants to give them to me or not. Have you brought the veritas serum?" She asked.

"I'm afraid you've used up almost all of it interrogating students and used the rest of it on Miss Chang." Snape replied. "Unless you wish to poison him and I assure you I will have the greatest sympathy if you did, I cannot help you."

Just as Snape was about to walk away Harry began. "He's got padfoot. He's got padfoot at the place where it's hidden."

"Padfoot? Well what is padfoot? What is he talking about Snape?" Umbridge inquired. Snape paused and looked at Umbridge.

"No idea." He replied.

"Very well, you've gave me no choice Potter." Umbridge started. "As this is an issue of ministry security, you leave me with no alternative. The cruciatus curse ought to loosen your tongue."

"That's illegal." Hermione called out.

"What Cornelius doesn't know, won't hurt him." Umbridge said and turned the photo of him down to the table. You tried to pull away from Draco but he wouldn't let you go. You pulled your hand out of his and clenched your fist so he'd get the idea. 

Umbridge pointed her wand at Harry's face and you closed your eyes not wanting to witness what was about to happen. 

"Tell her Harry!" Hermione shouted. You opened your eyes slowly.

"Tell me what?" Umbridge asked.

"Well if you don't tell her where it is, then i will." Hermione said. You looked at her and tried to read her expression, you knew she wasn't going to actually tell Umbridge anything so you had no idea where this was going. 

"Where what is?" 

"Dumbledore's secret weapon." Hermione exclaimed.

______________________________________

thank you for reading this chapter. Thought I'd do a double update because the two chapters are small but i still wanted to publish something. 

Not sure when the next update will be hopefully I will update next week but thank you all for being so patient with me I know i haven't updated in a long time, stay safe loves :)

-Maisie