chapter 7

(unedited so please comment mistakes i have made) 

"Looking a bit ragged, aren't we Sirius? Finally the skin reflects
the madness within." Professor Lupin states.

"You'd know all about the madness wouldn't you Remus?" Sirius fired back. The two stared at each other and you could feel the tension building in the room.

Suddenly they embraced each other in a brotherly hug. You was frozen and confused until it hit you.

"No! I trusted you! I covered up for you. And all this time you've  been his friend!" You yelled.

"He's a werewolf That's why he's been missing classes!" Hermione exclaimed pointing at Lupin.

Harry and Ron stare, dumbfounded, at Lupin. Then Sirius howls bitterly amused whilst Lupin eyes him, then turns back to you.

"How long have you both known?" He quizzes.

"Since professor Snape set the essay." You responded glaring at the two men.

"You really are the brightest witch of your age I've ever met, Hermione." Lupin said.

"Yes, you glow like the sun. And you howl at the moon. Enough talk! He dies. Now. If you won't do it with me, Remus, I'll do it alone." Sirius said impatiently staring hungrily at Harry which scared you.

"Wait, Sirius-"

"I did my waiting! Twelve years of it! In Azkaban! Trust me, you wouldn't have lasted a week!" Sirius yelled crazily. Lupin eyed Sirius, then nods.

"Alright then, as you wish" Lupin said. You tried to attack or do something to them but Hermione held your wrist.

"No!" Harry yelled bringing up his wand, but Lupin easily disarmed Harry. "You betrayed my parents! You sold them to Voldemort!" Harry shouted.

"It's a lie! I never would've betrayed James and Lily!" Sirius snapped.

"Harry you've got to listen-"

"Did he listen! When my mother was  dying! Did he hear her screaming!" Harry shouted cutting off Lupin.

"No! I wasn't there! And I'll regret it the rest of my life!" Sirius replied.
Harry's eyes flash to Black's, glittering with pain.

"Someone else betrayed your parents, Harry. Someone in this room right now. Someone who, until quite recently, I believed to be dead." Lupin said.

"He's as good as dead." Sirius grunted.

"What're you talking about? There's nobody here." Harry questioned.

"Oh yes there is..." Sirius started with a cruel smile on his face and turning to Ron. "Come out, come out, Peter Come out, come out and play..."

"You're mad!" Ron says thinking Sirius was talking to him. Your eyes shifted from Ron to scabbers as it twisted violently in his hands. Lupin, Sirius and Harry all raised their wands.

"Expelliarmus!" Everybody turned including you to the door where snape was standing smugly and the three who were now disarmed.  His dark eyes glared at Sirius  "Ah, vengeance is sweet. How I hoped I'd be the one to catch you."

"Severus-" Lupin began.

"I told Dumbledore you were helping
your old friend into the castle. And here's the proof." Snape interrupted.

"Brilliant! And -- as usual -- dead wrong. Now give us our wands back. Remus and I have a bit of unfinished business to tend to." Sirius said.

As Sirius approaches, Snape put his wand to Sirius' neck.