Chapter 21 - It's over

Start from the beginning

"That's only true for demons. Zhao Yunlan isn't a demon so he won't die even if you tell him everything." King Chu helps clarify the difference of the effects on them.

"But just now ..." Shen Wei refers to the previous moments when he mentioned something causing Yunlan to crush his chest.

"That wasn't you. It was the demon responding to the demonic power that I've accumulate in this place." King Chu calmly explains to the 3 surprised heaven beings before turning his attention back to the demon that just came out of Yunlan. "I must admit that I have never thought of you hiding in another being since you're always talking about ancient pride, Tan Qiao."

"Pride is important, but so is staying alive. Initially, I was just going to take his most powerful memory but this tiger has enough power to cover up my presence. With more careful thought, I changed my mind and embedded myself within him." Demon Tan Qiao reveals what he did to Yunlan.

"Indeed, when I fought with him, I couldn't feel anything or any indication." King Chu admits.

"Well, now that I'm stronger than before. I can take on all of you at once." Tan Qiao is truly full of himself after coming out of Yunlan.

"Zhao Yunlan, this demon has taken your most important memory for a long time. If you want it back, you must kill him. Once he's dead, every memories and emotions that he has taken will be returned." King Chu tells the important information.

"Right. Emperor, Shen Wei and Guo spread out and attack from long range. And we'll deal with the close combat." Yunlan instructs not caring whoever they are.

"Oh, are you giving the Demon King an order? And even your Emperor?" King Chu couldn't believe the cocky brat is still the same as ever.

"Yeah, I did. Got a problem with that?"

This just confirms King Chu's thought.

"Yunlan, I can help with the close range." Shen Wei is worried so he doesn't want to be far from Yunlan.

"No, I don't want him to get your memories as well. Just imagine both of our memories gone, we won't remember each other and go separate ways. I don't want that so please do as I say."

What Yunlan said has a point, if both are to forget one another, there's almost zero chance of them getting back together. A life without Yunlan is something Shen Wei can't bear anymore after all that they've just gone through on this mission. As a result, Shen Wei obediently follow what he's been told.

On the other side, Guo is looking at the Demon King with sad eyes. The perverted King Chu has been with him since he woken up from his coma state. He also doesn't know who King Chu was at the beginning. But after hearing that King Chu's been looking for this demon that could take away one's memory and emotion, he couldn't help wonder if that's what happened to him as well. And since he's a demon, there's no way King Chu could've told the truth to him.

--------------

It's quite hard to believe that this Demon, Tan Qiao, can really take on all of them at once. After all, this demon is an ancient one. He's been around for so long that none of the demon knows exactly how long. He even fought with King Chu for the throne, but he didn't win at that time. Not that King Chu is stronger but rather smarter. Now it's even worse because he's been collecting strength and maybe some knowledge while hiding inside of Yunlan's body.

Moreover, this demon has the ability to control the earth which could give the opponents quite an obstacle. And to add more onto the advantage list is the fact that both King Chu and Yunlan are injured from the previous fight. It was unavoidable because the way to force the demon out of Yunlan could happen when Yunlan is dying. Kind of like parasite leaving the host dying body before moving on to the next one.