Chapter 23

Dance With Me

🔥🌹✨🔥✨🌹🔥

"I am not wearing a slit dress nor the skin showing ones, Lilith." Melody makes herself clear as she crosses her arm at the queen of hell. Even if their statuses are far different from each other, the two actually gets along pretty well.

Even if they look close, they still hold their respect for one another. Especially Melody towards Lilith.

"Oh, please dear! Let me spoil you!" Lilith says, whining like a mother. Melody shakes her head, still a no. Why can't she spoil Charlie instead? Oh yeah; Charlie only wears tuxedos and suits. She feels comfortable in them instead but it wouldn't hurt for her to wear a dress.

"Fine, do whatever you please." Melody sighs in defeat as she rubs her face. Lilith smiles as she goes through the whole sets of dresses. The black haired girl looks up at the woman in front of her, she's kinda acting like her real mother.

Always stuffing her in these dresses so she would look pretty for their little picture frame that they keep up to everyone around them. Faking every single happiness around them, she can't even recall anytime that her parents were genuinely happy.

First of all, why did she agree to go back to this damned castle? Where all of the bullshit started. The girl looks around the room as she glares at everything in pure disgust. Lucifer is lucky that he holds something that could make her weak or she would've burn this whole castle to the ground along with hell itself.

"Here, how about this?" Lilith asks as Melody looks up at the woman. She holds up a short red dress with long sleeves that shows off the shoulders. It looks simple but it's cute. Melody nods,

"I actually like that." She answers as she stands up, Lilith smiles as she pulls out high heels and other accessories to complete the look as she hands Melody the items. Why does it seem like she's the one being celebrated? Sheesh.

The girl takes the things from the queen as she slightly bow and leave the room to get ready in the dressing  room. She sets down the dress on a stool as she looks at herself in the mirror. She takes off her gloves and puts it aside and start taking her usual black dress off. Melody looks at herself in the mirror, she forgot how skinny she is. She used to starve a few days from running away from those people that tried to hunt her.

But that's not what really caught her eyes but instead; the amount of scars on her body. The ugly scars on her ankles, her wrists and her neck. Why do she bother about them anymore? These scars doesn't define who she is, she's still herself and these scars just show how strong she been her whole life.

She shakes her head and turns to the dress and start to dress herself, sits down and wears on the red high heels on her feet. Well, gotta be honest; she hates high heels. But if she start running in them, everyone should run for their lives.

Melody looks at the mirror again as she stare at herself,

'The party is tonight.' She reminds herself, the girl looks way to her hands. 'I don't want to look at anyone. Especially him.' She thought as she slowly bites down on her lip. The girl sighs and gets up, picking up her dress and her gloves; walking back into the room Lilith was in. Before she could reach for the doorknob, she can hear voices. One of them is of course Lilith herself, then Charlie and.. him.

Shouldn't the two be out to get themselves ready? The party is still in hours before it starts, why are they here so early? Melody grunts in annoyance as she rolls her eyes, holding the urge to scoff. At times like this, the other part of her hates standing around and hesitating over a stupid demon. Her body moves on its own as she grabs the doorknob and twist it open, pushing the door.