"You know how to cook?" I questioned upon smelling the chicken he had cooked up.

"He may have had some help," Gibraltar laughed, eating a plate as well. Caustic rubbed the back of his head,

"Yeah... it should be... edible," he muttered. I squinted my eyes, about to question it when Bloodhound interrupted me.

"Þakka þér fyrir. We will both enjoy." Caustic nodded. We were just about to head into Bloodhound's room to eat when the door to Mirage's room burst open.

"I knew I smelt chicken!" Octavio exclaimed, running towards the table where a bit of chicken remained. "Mierda, I love it when you cook Makoa," he hummed through a full mouth.

"Ha, thanks brudda! But actually, Caustic did most of the work here!" Gibraltar exclaimed, patting Caustic on the back. Octane's mouth fell open, the remaining chicken falling out of his mouth and onto the floor.

"So Sly!" Mirage interrupted, upon entering the common area and seeing the chicken on the floor. "How did it go with Jacob?" I sighed. "That good?"

"I mean, everything is cool with the whole dating thing, that was fine, but he mentioned the games are getting a big sponsorship from Hammond," I practically spit the name out of my mouth.

"Hammond?!" Octane exclaimed. "That's wicked!" Mirage shot him a glare. "Oh wait, are we supposed to be mad about the whole experimenting on Sly bit?" I put a hand on my face.

"They did what now?" Gibraltar cut in.

"Nothing!" I spoke up. "It was three hundred years ago. Everyone who did that to me is long dead, so why should I be worried about it?" Everyone in the room, including Octane looked at me with raised eyebrows. "It's fine. And, now, our chicken is getting cold so..." I trailed off and grabbed Bloodhound's hand, leading them into their room before anyone had a chance to protest. Once inside, Bloodhound took their mask off, revealing their face that looked as concerned as everyone outside. "I'm fine," I quickly said. They didn't say anything and rather slowly took a bite of the mashed potatoes on the plate. "Sorry."

"Don't be sorry Elskan. I understand how you feel." I nodded. "Now come, I taught Artur a new trick, I think you'll really enjoy it."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's cold.

Freezing.

My whole body shakes as they take me out of the machines.

"W-where-" I start to sputter. There are people all around me. Wires attached to me. I try to rip them but my hands can't move, there's something holding them down. "Wh-what-" None of the people say anything to me, rather to each other. It blurs together.

"Vitals sta-"

"Loss of short-term mem-"

"Prepare a vial of-"

They move me down a hallway. I can barely stand on my own but I still try to fight against the arms holding me.

It's still so cold.

They throw me into a room, I fall to the ground. I try to stand but a door is slammed. I sink to the ground again, feeling the warm tears flooding down my cold face.

"They did it again, didn't they?" a horse voice croaks. There's a man beside me. Not beside me. There's a glass wall. "Bastards," he mumbles. His words turn into a cough.

"Did w-what?" He shakes his head. "Where..." I try to ask again. His eyes are closed now.

"Don't worry..." he says weakly. "I'll get us out... I'll kill all of them...."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My eyes sprung open. Somehow I'm still freezing cold so I yank up some blankets and snuggle in closer to the person beside me, jaw still trembling. Bloodhound wraps an arm around me, pulling me closer, though they still sleep. A glimmer of sunlight begins to peek through our curtains. We had the day off today and I realize that I could let myself fall asleep again.

I sighed and closed my eyes again, trying to shake the image of the other man in the lab out of my brain. He would be dead by now. Even if he did break out of there as he planned in my faded memories, that was three hundred years ago. He's dead.

But why does it still leave a weird feeling in my chest?

Beside me, Bloodhound mumbles something in their sleep. I can't pick out any of the words, but I can tell it's a nightmare. Being back on this planet had started giving them more of them. I carefully adjusted my position so that their head was on my chest and I could run my fingers through their hair.

Their mumbling sleep talking ceases and I can feel their breathing steady again. I closed my eyes again, thinking about how I could sit like this forever.

Then the fire alarm in the kitchen went off.

"Sorry friends!" Pathfinder. "I think I put the oven on the wrong temperature again!"