Chapter 53

"That can't be good," I mumbled as I watched the tower begin to fall. There was no doubt that it was going to come down right around us. "Yeah we gotta move," I told my team. I looked back at them, neither of my teammates were in the best of shape to be doing much of anything. Bloodhound was still injured from the kraber bullet and Mirage was highly concussed. I grabbed each of them by their arms and started running. At least, the best I could dragging both of them behind me.

The sound of the falling tower behind me, I ran as fast as my feet could take me. The tower was falling fast and there was no way we would be able to outrun it lengthwise. We were running out of the sides. However as it was coming down, I began to realize the tower itself was also quite wide.  There was a loud crash as the tower came down right behind our heels. The impact kicked up a large amount of dirt and dust which knocked us all down to the ground again.

I began to cough the dust out of my lungs as I rolled myself over onto my back. Beside me, Mirage was groaning. I then looked over to Bloodhound, who was lying on their face. I rolled myself over onto my back and stuck a hand out to Bloodhound, smacking them a few times lightly till I heard them groan.

"Glad," I coughed again. "You two didn't die." As I spoke I heard the announcer come to life,

"All living legends must return to the dropship." I sat myself up.

"What?" Mirage and Bloodhound slowly eased themselves up as well.

"Yeah I don't think that was supposed to happen," Mirage mumbled as the announcer began to repeat itself, also adding that no more fighting was prohibited. I looked over at him, the entire right side of his face had now turned purple from where his boyfriend had kicked him with his robotic legs. I then look over at Bloodhound, whose wound from the Kraber had opened up again upon them hitting the ground. I was the first to stand up, being in the best condition and held out a hand to Mirage.

"C'mon," I said, pulling him up. However, as I did so, Mirage had begun to heave and I only had a second to jump backwards before he threw up, mostly hitting my shoes. "Dude!" I exclaimed.

"Anyone else really dizzy?" Mirage mumbled, before stumbling back over. I had caught him again and helped ease him back down to the ground. 

"He's concussed," Bloodhound said, trying to stand up. I went over to them and helped them stand up.

"We're out of syringes," I said looking down at myself. I glanced back over to Mirage, "Stay with us Mirage."

"Pssh," he waved an arm out. "I'm f-fine. We nee-need to g-go!"

"That I can agree with," I said as I looked around. I wasn't sure how I was supposed to get an injured Bloodhound and a concussed Mirage out of this place in one piece. "Can you walk?" I asked, looking to Bloodhound. They were clutching their injured arm and nodded weakly. "Okay. Okay, I got Mirage." Carefully, I helped Mirage stand up again and I wrapped one of his arms around my shoulders.

For a brief second I thought that we might be able to make it out of here like this. That was when I heard a high pitched screech coming from overhead. The three of us all looked up.

"What the hell?!" I exclaimed, looking at the creature flying above my head. "Tell me that's not a mini dragon."

"A Flyer," Bloodhound said, carefully taking out their Longbow again as the creature flew closer towards us, still screeching.

"Have these been on this planet the whole time?!"

"The frequencies emitted from towers like Repulser keep them away from civilization," Bloodhound explained. "With that tower down..." they trailed off. The flyer in the sky make a swoop towards us and I could see it baring its teeth. I screamed a little as I jumped out of the way, dragging Mirage with me. Bloodhound fired a shot and hit the flyer in the head, sending it flying to the ground.