22

Daidai clenched his fists when he sat back down after hearing those words, his knuckles turning white because of how tightly he was doing so. "That can't be true, I'm sure he just used something to cover up those memories right? To pretend that he didn't remember me so he could get away with more and ruin my life?"

Shikaku shook his head and Shikamaru placed his hand on his friend's shoulder in the hopes that it helped him to calm down somewhat. "Inoichi is too good for that, he would know if there was something intentionally blocking those memories. No, they've been completely wiped clean, they can never be returned. My guess is whatever caused him to forget you as a child caused this as well. Potentially it was something to do with the Kyuubi attack on the night you were born, since he did say he was fighting someone strong," Shikaku said, picking up his cup of tea and sipping some more of it.

Daidai unclenched his fists and also picked up his cup, hoping that the tea would help him from doing something stupid in his emotional state. "So he goes from hating me and wanting to use me as a weapon, to forgetting all about me once more? I still find it hard to believe, but you might be right. I'll ask him about your suggestion of something happening at the Kyuubi attack, but know I still don't trust Minato even if he has forgotten me," he eventually said, closing his eyes and letting out a heavy sigh. "Was there anything at all that was good that came out of our incident?"

Shikamaru looked a little confused during their conversation since he was obviously missing a lot of the story and it wasn't quite safe to tell him everything yet. This was something Shikaku and Naruto had discussed a while ago, to only tell him the whole story when he was older. There was only a select few that knew about the nine tails in Daidai, and so it was better to hide it from him until he was strong enough to protect himself. Even though Shikamaru was smart, the last thing they wanted was for him to spill some information by accident, or for something to go wrong.

Shikaku looked to Shikamaru and suggested that he go and get himself some tea, and then nodded at Daidai's words and gave him a half smile, saying, "Yes, actually. You got in, under the man that was there with us. Starting next Wednesday, when you're back in full health. Congratulations," he told him, patting his other shoulder.

"Seriously? I got in, even after all the damage that I caused?" the crimson eyed boy asked quietly, seeming surprised but excited. "And under Hebi, too. Geez, now it's even harder to trust the Hokage, since it's just as likely that he forgot and Hebi convinced him to let me in, or he remembers our deal and wanted Hebi to keep an eye on me," he said with a sigh, closing his eyes and groaning. "I'm excited and all, but am I really the right choice after what happened? I got way too emotional over something stupid, what if I go crazy and use Kurama's chakra like that..."

He trailed off, his eyes widening a little bit more. 'Kurama? What if this whole thing really is to do with you? Something happened on the night I was born, and Minato forgot about me after I converted your chakra into fire and wind chakra and used it to create that storm. Whenever I've converted it to elemental chakra, it seems to be much more pure and less demonic.'

'I'll look into it, don't think too hard about it right now. You're in the middle of an important conversation right now, kid," Kurama told him. "I'll be busy for a while, so I won't be talking to you as much. Have fun on your own and don't mess up too much again." With that, Kurama let out a sigh before blocking him out.

"Ah, my apologies, I thought I was on to something," Daidai explained to Shikaku, laughing sheepishly. "Just give me the details later, Shika will be coming back here in a bit and I want to head out and go on a run. Nothing strenuous, just a jog because I've been lying down for a while and everything feels stiff. I'll keep off the chakra until the weekend at least, promise."