Part 37: What the future holds

Soon as I get there I get a call from Lola, I walk back outside and take the call. I sit in the daisy field so Ian won't freak out, I can't believe I have to be all the way out here to take a damn phone call! They're not as mad like last time, Justin adds more comments but doesn't crack jokes. Little by little Lola warms up to me again. Three weeks later, for the past weeks I've been calling Lola and Justin anywhere but the house. Lola is back to her original self Justin is a bit like himself. Once summer break starts, Violet and I already made tons of plans to hang out. Which will give me the perfect opportunity to convince her to come on the trip. I've already talked to Johnny about it, he's fine with it. Now I'm just waiting for Violet to give me an answer. I can't believe summer break is almost here...it's like yesterday I moved back to my hometown and reconnected with Ian. Even with my memories, he's still just as cold and distant towards me. I wish I knew what happened that year, I wish I could go back and somehow force myself to not be put under that damn spell! Maybe then...none of this would've happened. But then... I would have never met Justin or Lola. Or maybe I would have? Just not in the way that I know of... I take one last glance at my old room. So many memories here...I break out of my thoughts and pack the last of my stuff. I zip up my book bag and scan my list I made for the trip. Yep! Got everything! Feeling satisfied, I pile up the bag along with my other one. I slip in my comfy bed, feeling anxious but prepared for what tomorrow brings. I've spent most of my life running in every direction ahead of me. With no clue to where the hell I'm heading or where I will end up at. I may not be sure of what I want from life, or the meaning of it. But I know one thing...I know who I am and this time...I won't let anyone or anything take that away from me!