Part 14: unmistakable

"How else am I going to keep an eye on you?" He rolls his eyes and doesn't face me.

"Argh!" Really? The least you could do is look at me!

"I could care less what happens to you, really. I'm more concerned about my own health." He says still not facing me! I huff out a frustrated breath.

"Yeah, I figured why would an ass like you give a damn!" "After all, you're incapable of caring for anyone else but yourself!" I shot back.

"You realize, I wouldn't have to babysit you if you just knew how to look after yourself." He smirks. Still not caring to actually look at me!

"You realize that none of this would've happened if you never did the... bonded thing!" It's weird for me to say it. I sound crazy.

"You think I did this?" He whips around, and gives me a strained smile. "Why would I?" He stops and sighs. "Never mind don't answer that." He turns back around ARGH!

"Then who!" I blurt, throwing my hands up.

"Hannah, can you please take your seat." The teacher says in a patronizing tone. I walk away taking deep breaths. I swear I'm going to commit murder! Wait! I can't! Because...ARGH THIS SOOO INFURIATING. I hear a chuckle escape from Ian. DAMN IT! He can read my thoughts too! Fuck off! Now I've gone really crazy... saying fuck off in my head because I think he can read my mind... At lunch Violet and Rose sit with me. I don't mind Violet,  she's sweet and understanding. But Rose is just...annoying!

"So? You and Ian know each other?" Violet asks curiously. I sigh.

"I guess you can say that." I spat sourly.

"How?" She leans in.

"Cause they're screwing Violet." Rose adds. Oh no! That bastard! He just had to say that!

"No! We're not!" I blurt.

"Oh really? Then why did he say you guys were?" She says with a snobby demeanor.

"Because he just wanted an excuse to humiliate that guy." I roll my eyes.  Violet tilts her head.

"That does seem like him." Rose gives a sideways glance and scuffs. She finally shuts up after that!

"Does he do that often?" I ask Violet.

"Mmm.. sometimes, is he grumpy around you?"

"All the time!" I groan.

"That's just Ian." She gives me a sympathetic smile.

"To everyone?"

"Yeah, he doesn't talk much. He only speaks when he's annoyed at someone." Huh? I thought it was just me. Well I don't feel as bad now, so he's like that all the time? "Lately he's more irritable though."

"More? How's he like normally?" She stops and thinks.

"He normally doesn't shun people with an audience. And he normally isn't as argumentative."

"Wow.." I say quietly.

"So are you guys friends?" She beams.

"Pshh, far from it!" I shake my head.

"Sorry if I seem...nosy. I'm just curious he doesn't interact with people as much. And lately he interacts with you." He doesn't interact with anyone else as much? "In fact it's the first time I've seen him genuinely laugh." Oh right! Violet is in my home room! Rose gets up abruptly and throws her tray away. "Hey! Rose, wait up!" She gives me a smile.

"See you tomorrow Han!" She takes off after her. Ugh, I swear Rose just did that on purpose. I don't get why she puts up with a bitch like her? So Ian is like that regularly? I wonder why? When the final bell rings, I head to my locker only to get bumped hard from someone's shoulder. "Ow!" I fall on the floor, Ian walks off like nothing. "What the hell is your problem Ian!" I scream at him. He turns around.

"Oh, Sorry Hannah, I didn't see you." He says acting surprised. He walks up to me and holds out his hand. Eh? Why does this feel familiar? I hold out my hand suspiciously, he grabs my hand and pulls me up. Maybe he's actually being nice? Then let's go of my hand! Ow! You damn bastard! My ass is going to be sore tomorrow! He walks past me.

"Argh! Fuck you Ian!"

"You did remember!" He yells back. Not even looking at me. ARGH! That mother fucker! That son of a bitch! ARGHH! He's so lucky we're bonded or he would be dead! The next week, I walk with Violet to my locker. I tell her the stunt that Ian played.

"Eek..."

"He's infuriating!" She giggles. What? What's so funny?

"You can't stand him huh?" She teases. Why else would I say he's infuriating!

"NO!" I say frustratedly. She fights the urge to smile. "What?"

"Oh...it's nothing." She keeps her lip in place tightly from fighting off a bigger smile. I decide to let it go. Seeing how I wasted my energy on that bastard! I head to my homeroom, and go to my desk on a different path to avoid Ian. Halfway through the lecture, my mind wanders to Violet's unusual behavior. Why was she smiling? All I did was rant about how much I want to muder him? Maybe she has a dark sense of humor? Maybe she found my ranting ridiculous? If that's the case, I'm glad she didn't tell me. I would've been pissed! Speaking of people being pissed, I haven't facetime Justin or Lola in a week. Last week, Justin facetimed me and I let it ring til it declined. He's probably still fuming. If I wasn't still in Idaho he would've ran over and kicked my ass right now! I'll just tell them I'm busy unpacking and school...That should work? I hope? Maybe for Lola...She's not as cynical or analytical as Justin. At lunch I sit with Violet, Rose is nowhere to be seen? Eh, I don't mind she's annoying af! "Hey, Hannah you wanna have a sleepover this Friday?" Mmm...I don't know what if she invites Rose?

"I'll see about it, my dad is really on my ass right now about grades and shit." I didn't necessarily lie, he is on my ass. Just not about grades.

"Oh, I see." She says glumly.

"Is Rose not here today?" I ask.

"No, she's sick." She shrugs.

"Really?" I say surprisingly.

"At least I think so." She brushes off. We didn't talk much after that, she tensed up a lot after I asked that. Maybe it's because she knows I hate Rose, but who could blame me! She is vain, dramatic and worst of all...bitchy! She's always rolling her eyes or sighing every time I'm talking to Violet! I really don't see why Violet puts up with a bitch like her! At home I rush upstairs and lock my bedroom door. This has become a routine at this point, I don't want to talk or even look at him for too long! I feel like if I do I'll explode! How can you keep something like this! All my life! What else are you keeping me from me dad! I don't even know why I'm being hunted! My ipad vibrates, Justin is face timing me. I sigh. I can't avoid him forever. I accept the call and hover over my bed.