Chapter 21- Back Together

Today is the first date that Nathan and I are going on ever since the break up. To be honest I am kinda nervous. My life has been independent for 3 years and now I'm in a relationship by the snap of the fingers. I am really just interested on how much he has changed, because he is doing a lot more now then back then. I finished up my makeup and slipped on my black converse.

I got out of the bathroom and got to my room and curled the tips of my hair. I smiled at my reflection and put in my hairpiece. I ran downstairs and sat down on the couch to see Madie and Aria giggling with someone in the kitchen. I stood up and went into the kitchen and I saw Spencer! Oh my gosh this is not the time especially since Nathan is coming.

"Shelby, are you going somewhere?" Spencer asked.

"Uh, yea I actually am." I replied.

"Oh, well I better go then. Nice meeting you two." Spencer said then left.

"What were you two laughing about?" I asked suspiciously.

"Nothing." Madie and Aria said in unison then bursted out laughing.

Then there was a knock on the door. Aria and Madie and I raced for the door. But Madie got there first and opened the door. Nathan was standing there in dress pants and a polo tee with a bouquet of tulips in hand. I smiled and I hugged him and took the rlowers from him and gave them to Madie. I waved at them and pulled him out of the house.

"Woah, woah, woah! What's the rush?" Nathan asked.

"We needed to get out before they were all mushy gushy." I said as he laughed.

He put his arm around my shoulder and I looked up at him and smiled and put my head on his shoulder as we walked to his car.
-=+=-

We got to the school campus coffee shop/bakery. The bakery and coffee shop are combined to make a small cafe but it is really adorable. We got inside and we went to the cash register where Candace was working the day shift.

"Hey Shelby! Hey Nathan!" Candace said as we walked towards her.

"Hey Candace!" I said then hugged her.

"Hey Candace." Nathan said.

"So are you guys back together?!" Candace squealed.

"Yup, can I get a smoothie and a cake pop?" I asked.

"Can I get a latte and a slice of pie?" Nathan asked.

"Yup, that's $6.76 and don't worry I gave you the 25% discount." Candace said.

"Thanks, Shelby go find a place to sit while I pay and wait for the food." Nathan said.

"I can pay for my own things you know. You don't have to pay for me." I said.

"It's fine, just go and find a seat." Nathan said. I just went and sat down somewhere and waited for our drinks and snacks. After a few seconds of waiting Nathan finally came and sat down with a tray of food.

"Nate, I need to ask you a question." I said.

"What's up?" Nathan asked as he took a bit of his pie.

"Are you still with Tiffany?" I asked as I sipped my smoothie.

"I broke it off with her a year ago." Nathan said then drank his latte.

"That's good, I haven't been on a date like this in 3 years." I said then smiled.

"I will make it the best date then." Nathan said then took my hand and held it. We were both smiling and we were both happy so that's all that matters.
-=+=-

After we ate at the cafe we headed towards the movie theater and watched Divergent and I was so pumped because I honestly think that Divergent is awesome and you should all read it and watch the movie. After that we took a stroll in the park and it was really relaxing. We were holding hands and looking at the stars up above.

"How's your family doing?" I asked.

"They're good, how about yours?" Nathan asked.

"They're good too, but I need to tell you something." I said.

"What's up?"

"I might be moving to New York for a acting opportunity." I said.

"Really? That's awesome!" Nathan said.

"Yup, it's a scholarship to a school and I got an opportunity to be in one of their shows." I said.

"That's awesome, I am so happy for you Shelby! This is a good path for you especially because its your dream." Nathan said.

"Thanks Nathan." I said as I hugged him.

"I just want to be here for you the whole way."

I smiled at him and kept hugging him. I was so happy and I hope Nathan can be too while I am gone for a couple months or even years.
-=+=-

The next morning was spring cleaning day because we were leaving back to Michigan in 2 days and we need to get the house nice and clean. Since spring break was in 2 days our school is letting us have half day classes for the 2 days.

I got up and did my normal routine, today was my half day of classes and tomorrow is my day off so I can pack things for spring break. I got downstairs to see Jordan and Luke sitting at the table. I saw Aria sobbing in Luke's chest and I knew something was wrong because Aria never cries especially after she got hit with a ball going 95 miles per hour and she didn't even cry when she broke her arm.

I started to make my morning coffee and breakfast. After I grabbed my stuff and sat down next to Aria rubbing her back as I ate my cereal.

"What's wrong Aria?" I asked.

"Ruby passed away last night..." Aria said then cried even more.

Ruby was Aria's dog ever since Aria was 2 years old. She got Ruby for her second Christmas and they pretty much grew up together. Ruby was a German shepherd mixed with some other dog I don't know. But Ruby was a special dog to Aria especially because Aria had Ruby when she went through so much and now she was gone.

I looked at my watch and I put my dishes away and grabbed my coffee and slipped on my converse and grabbed my backpack and my car keys.

"I need to go to class but we can go out for lunch after I come back from class." I said.

"Thanks Shelby, I will see you for lunch." Aria said and then I smiled and went outside and breathed in the nice weather.

I got in my car and backed out of the driveway and got to the campus to see Nathan and his team training in soccer. I was happy for Nathan because scouts were interested in Nathan. We were both going in the direction we want to go but we don't have the same path and location. I want to go to LA or NYC I don't know about him. I am happy for him and I bet he is happy for me too.
--------------------------------------------------
Hey everyone! I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. I know this isn't the best chapter I have wrote but next chapter we are seeing all the Parkstons again and we get to see the rest of the Wilsons. I am so excited to write the chapter and I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter.