Chapter 0: Prologue

Kameron Martin, James Salvatore, and Marshall Chase Jr. were best friends in childhood. The three were inseparable, dubbing themselves The Trio. They always found new adventures, and/or new ways to get themselves into trouble. Whether it be, picking fights with older men, throwing things at cars while they sped by, or lighting things on fire... they always found ways to entertain themselves.

They were together all the way up into high school. Marshall being a year older than the both of them, took the role of big brother/body guard. (Especially with Kameron, seeing as he was the youngest.) Even though he was the youngest member of the group, he was the toughest of the trio. He was the most outspoken, and the angriest. Whenever someone tried to pick a fight with any of his two friends, he was quick to defend them; whether it be verbally, or physically.

7th grade year in middle school, Kameron befriended a 5th grader named Jasper Crown. The two quickly hit it off, and they became best friends. Kameron then decided that he should introduce Jasper to his fellow members of The Trio. They hit it off as well, and The Trio became The Quartet.

His final year of middle school, Kameron came out to the world that he was in fact homosexual. The revelation cost the teen a lot of "friends", but it also gave him lifetime friends such as Janet Damren, and Sapphire Carlson. The Quartet remained The Quartet. Nothing changed, just because Kameron liked guys.

Somewhere between the transition to middle school, and high school, Kameron began to have romantic feelings for his older friend, Marshall. He told James, and Jasper due to the fact that they were best friends, and they vowed to keep it between them. That didn't stop them from constantly teasing him about it in front of an oblivious Marshall.

Kameron finally mustered up the courage to tell Marshall how he felt, and instead of Marshall hating him, like Kameron Expected... Marshall was actually cool about it. A lot of events unfolded after that incident.

The Quartet Slowly began to split apart seeing as they barely saw each other. Jasper was an 8th grader at Lake Crest Middle School. Kameron, and James were sophomores at Lake Crest High School. Whereas, Marshall was a junior at Parsons High School. They began to hang with other crowds, and soon The Quartet seemed disbanded.

After their friendship seemed gone, Marshall got arrested, and sent to a juvenile center.

2 years later, September,15,2014 Kameron, and James are new graduates of Lake Crest High School, and Jasper just started his junior year of high school. To top it off, Marshall just got released from the juvenile center.