The red-head hummed sceptically and raised an unimpressed eyebrow. His arms crossed behind his head, Kirishima skipped forwards, a smirk playing on his face. Bakugou turned to (Y/n), staring her dead in the eye, "If you tell anyone about that night, I will murder you." His hand dropped from her mouth and he raised his eyebrows briefly in a manner that said, 'Do you understand?'

(Y/n)'s hands flew up in mock surrender before she held them behind her back and skipped towards Kiri mischievously. "You'll tell me, won't you Kiri?" He smiled.

"I don't know, Bakubro seems pretty adamant on keeping it secret." (Y/n) rolled her eyes and groaned, rolling back on her feet.

"You guys are no fun." Her hands crossed over her chest and she stared at them both with a childish glare. The take about Bakugou's homelands had taken some of the tension out of the air and the strained silence became somewhat comfortable; though the threat of the league still left (Y/n) subconsciously glancing around anxiously every time something fluttered or moved behind them.

The forest felt like it was going on for forever, the trees all looked the same, and the terrain was hard to see in the dark. Crickets croaked in the bushed and small glowing bugs glinted in the shadows, looking like thousands of glowing eyes staring at them. They kind of reminded (Y/n) of the fae with their golden glow. (Y/n) wouldn't admit it, but it made her miss her own home. The smell of freshly baked, warm bread drifting through the frosty air was the first thing she would wake up to in the morning. She had always taken a loaf into the forest with her, every single day. And now, (Y/n) wasn't sure she would ever be able to return.

Someone had betrayed her that night. One of her clients? Someone that she had walked past in the street? (Y/n) didn't know. But it made her sad to know that someone in that small town could have been so cruel towards her. They couldn't have known about her... abilities, but that wouldn't stop them from telling the royal guard about her rendezvous with the local fairies. It made her blood boil in anger.

(Y/n) clenched her hands on her biceps, digging her fingers into her exposed flesh. She could feel energy begin to course through her veins. How could they?

"Oi, human! Speed the hell up, stop dropping behind! We'll never make it to the coast if you keep slowing down like that!" Bakugou's voice cut through her thoughts like a knife and all traces of anger flushed away. (Y/n) could barely see his silhouette in the dark, but his red eyes seemed to glow brightly in the night.

(Y/n) swallowed hard, not realising how far back she had strayed from both Bakugou and Kirishima. She muttered a quick apology and picked up the pace, stumbling over a few twigs that lay on the ground.

"It shouldn't take too long to get there. I could always climb a tree and see how much further it is?" Kirishima suggested, bouncing on his toes in anticipation. It made (Y/n) wonder if it were just an excuse to be up in the sky again.

"Be quick," Bakugou mumbled, sitting down on a nearby rock and stretching out his tired legs. All this walking was taking a toll on all of them. Kirishima wasted no time in ascending a tree, quickly disappearing into the leaves and branches above.

(Y/n) quickly walked towards Bakugou, kneeling down in front of him. "I want to check your wound." It was less of a request as she reached forward and gently pulled down the bandages to look at his stomach. Bakugou didn't interrupt her, instead, he watched her quietly as she inspected the stitches. A few had come undone in the attempt to get away last night, luckily it didn't seem like anything lethal. She reached her hand down to her side, feeling a slight pang of annoyance as she remembered that her satchel had been left back at the town. Her book had been in that satchel.