Emilie looked at me with her light green eyes and was waiting for an answer. Emilie and I kind of looked alike but not really. My eyes were green like leaves or grass, hers were green like watered down color dye. Emilie had tight lovely blonde curls, a slender face, pointy nose, and a beautiful smile. She was short like me but not as curvaceous with more of a model figure.

    A lot of times growing up I felt insecure around Emilie. She was always so beautiful. I went through my awkward stage when my behind was too big for the rest of my body, then the point where my chest was so huge I looked like I was going to fall over, and let's not forget the stage I went through when not a dress would fit because nothing could fit around my thighs her hips.

    But Emilie was beautiful, always has been, always will be.

"How's Thomas" Emilie wiggled her eyebrows and I couldn't help but smile.

"He's ok"

Emilie threw her arms up. "Okay?"

I nodded.

"That's it?"

I shrugged. "What do you want me to say, Em?" I asked. "He's filming that movie."

"Well" Em and I both turned our heads. "Is Allie bragging about her movie star boyfriend again?"

"He's not my boyfriend" I told Leslie.

  Leslie walked around the table and sat between Em and I. Leslie was the attractive nerd type. She wore glasses, had long wavy dark blonde hair, blue eyes, with the same slender face, pointy nose, and figure as Emilie.

    Thomas was a very long story. We met when I went to his mansion one day on a job with my dad. I was there to take care of the gardens and two years ago, before my dad's accident, daddy was working on some broken pipes. When I first saw Thomas our eyes met and that was history. It wasn't exactly dating thing. We've just been in touch ever since and he visits once in a blue moon. Sometimes. Barely. Just about all the time.

"Allie, sweethear" Leslie folded her hands over mine. "The guy is crazy about you"

  I always felt uncomfortable when Thomas was the topic of the conversation. Our relationship was so complicated. I dipped my head and looked away.

"He sends you a flower every single day" I smiled. "He has for two years!"

"It's more complicated than that, Lez" I replied.

"Hey!" I looked up and Em's older brother Derek approached us. "Where'd you put my bike. Al?"

I lifted my chin. "Front yard"

  He went on his way and I looked at the girls.

"He's coming next Friday," I rubbed my locket. "He had some time"

Emilie's eyes bulgged out from her head. "Well?" she demanded. "Are you going to tell him how you feel?"

I shrug. "He said he loved me" I mumble.

Leslie choked on her punch.

"HE WHAT?!"

I burried my face in my hands. "I know" i mumbled. "I don't know what to do"

"He should do something!" Leslie squealed. 

"Like what?" Emilie asked.

"Propose to her!"

I looked up. "I don't want to marry him" I say. "We barelt have a relationship, let along anything solid to start a marriage on." I threw my arms up. "I'm 17!"

Emilie grabbed my arm.

"Ouch!" I winced.

"Larry's coming!" she whispered. "Act natural!"

   Larry came walking over and I had to admit he was handsome. He was blonde, like Emilie, but blue eyes like Leslie. He was a good height with broad shoulders and a winning smile.

"Hey Em"

Emilie gave her best smile and flipped her hair. "Hey Larry"

Leslie made a face and I smiled at her.

"I was just thinking about going for a walk" he said. "Care to join?"

Emilie was on her feet and walking away before I had the chance to blink.

"She links him" Leslie commented. "A lot"

I laughed. "I can see that."

Leslie smiled taking my hand and I squeezed. She leaned in and whispered, "Guess what?"

I looked at her. "What?"

"I have a few selection forms"

I could have sworn I heard my jaw hit the floor.

"How did you-?"

She waved a hand. "Connections, connections."

"Are you going to fill it out?"

Leslie was always walking around with a book in her hands. This time I hadn't noticed she was holding a folder. She handed it to me.

"15. Remember" I took the folder. "Emilie filled one out because you never know right? Anyway, you're 17. 17 year olds can enter. Your boyfriend/not boyfriend is M.I.A so why not right?"

  I stared at the folder.

"I'll never get picked"

"You're right. You're just a silly six"

I glared at her.

"Kidding! Besides, would it kill you to enter?"

  I looked at the folder. What would be the point in entering? It wasn't like I'd get picked and besides.  I don't want love. I'm hesitant about Thomas and I've known him for two years. Let along going to a palace to compete for a prince I don't want.

"You used to love him."

I look up. "Lez, I was a kid"

She made a face. "You've been in love with that boy since the moment you laid eyes on him" I felt myself blush. "You recently stopped liking him. Its only because of Thomas"

"Yes" i put the folder on the table. "Thomas"

Leslie shrugged. "I think he has a big forehead."

  I laughed.

-

-

-

Follow @theilleanfanfics