4

The hour of the viper came and the sun was beginning to sink down painting a bright orange and peach skies in the horizon of Zhao. Wen Xue sat adjacently facing prince ChenXi as he silently sipped tea pretending that nothing had happened earlier.

"A-are you gonna explain yourself?" Wen Xue asked him but he just continued sipping tea without batting an eye.

This time, Wen Xue got angry and the flame of hatred inside her grew brighter.

"You're going to ignore me like that? Fine."

"I am sorry Jia Xue."

"W-What?"

"Did you clean your ears or do you need me to clean them for you?"

"Pft."

Wen Xue's eyes grew wide as she heard those words. It was the very first time that someone had said sorry to her even for a long time. In the palace, she was regarded as the laughingstock of the people since she was the product of an affair between a servant and a royal blood. Because of this, she was often criticized and being bullied. Even though she didn't do something wrong, or someone did her something wrong, she was the one who would say sorry because she felt that her existence is an abomination to the whole royal family of Gu.

"Prince ChenXi... It was clearly not your fault and-"

"It was clearly my fault. I haven't touched a woman eversince I reached the period of adolescence and that time that Nangong Xu sent you I acted out of impulse. I'm sorry..."

"T-That's alright."

"You're lucky I didn't go overboard or else you'll be leaving your room wearing your torn clothes."

"Y-You!"

"I'm just messing with you. I apologize."

"Heh heh?"

It was the first time that Wen Xue felt compassion towards the prince yet she also realized that maybe she had already gained his trust and wanted to make an elaborate plan to assassinate him. Wen Xue flashed a vicious smile inwardly.

"Then Prince ChenXi. May I brew you some tea after dinner as an apology?"

"How many more times I should hammer that on your head? I was the one at fault. No need to apologize."

"Alright! Then just brew tea yourself!"

Pretending to be consumed in anger, Wen Xue stood up from her seat and was about to leave when ChenXi grabbed her wrist.

"Fine fine... You can brew tea but... Avoid putting luminous ganoderma. I'm allergic."

"Alright. See you at dinnertime then."

As Wen Xue turned her back, a devious smile contorted on her lips. She was confident that her plan was going to work now that the prince had revealed something on his weakspot.

'Luminous ganoderma eh? I will mix it with sunset mushroom and Fuyu powder and it will be the most poisonous tea ever. Just so you wait arrogant and tyrant prince!'

ChenXi smiled happily as he saw his consort walk away. He wasn't happy because Jia Xue would make tea for him after dinner. He was overjoyed that he confirmed himself that he wasn't allergic to women and can preserve his pride as a true man.

'There is nothing important rather than pride and dignity!'

But rather than restoring his pride, ChenXi felt something was off about Jia Xue. He recalled an important detail when he first saw her and afterwards, an idea jolted his brain making him spill the cup of tea that he was about to drink.