Chapter Twenty Six - Explosions

Firstly, I will apologize for making you guys wait so long for an update - but due to work, and personal stuff, it's honestly been a struggle to find the time, to conjure up a new chapter for you all. But, here I am, with a new chapter - just for you! I can't stress this enough, but the support i'm getting for this fanfic is AMAZING! Truly! The numbers that this story has reached is almost incomprehensible to me, so thank you guys so much for being, well awesome! I wouldn't been still writing this if it wasn't for all you fabulous readers out there, so, due to your support, I am determined to finish this for you all - at the best of my abilities.

Anyway, I really hope that you enjoy this one, as always comments are appreciated, as i love to know what you guys think. Oh, and a small heads up, prepare yourselves, because the likelihood is, that this FanFic will be drawing to a close pretty soon. I'm in the process of wrapping up the story...

Well, I've rambled enough, haha. Thank you all so much! Stay Awesome :) Enjoy~

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Christ! It's like a god damn war zone out here!" that same panicked voice barked - bursting from the lips of a man who cradled Katerina's dazed, crumbling body in his arms. He vigilantly dashed through the perilous air, with Katerina swaying like a doll in his gentle, yet secure grasp.

The explosions of gunshots and perilous screams flooded Katerina's ears. The horrific shrill eruptions were so loud, so brash and callously dreadful that it was enough to make her ears bleed from the horrendous ordeal. The smell of smoke, and metal was enough to make her stomach flip. The splatters of blood polluting the grass enough to make her retch or faint. But her eyes would not divert from the spot in which Vaas had said his goodbye. She looked out for him. Fretfully scanning the area as if in search for some precious object of some sort. The sting in her glassy eyes was something she didn't have time for! She had to catch sight of him! One small glimpse! She could not leave without seeing him! She couldn't! She persisted on checking the area with her racing eyes, even if beads of clouded tears wickedly fought against her to blur her vison. She couldn't leave without him! Fuck! She nearly bellowed aloud, Fuck, where is he? Where's Vaas?

Katerina didn't even acknowledge that she was being stuffed into a rumbling car. It was not until she felt the disturbing discomfort of a rattling seat, causing heavy, ghastly vibrations to crudely caper through her skin that she realised that she had been dropped from someone's grasp.

Her fingertips gript onto the edge of the car, and she craned her neck, biting her lip and wincing as she peered out and fretfully scanned the war zone.

"Fuck!" one voice bellowed out. It was behind her, in which Katerina snapped her head behind her to look upon the person who spoke. The face was recognisable, she had seen him before. But from where? It couldn't have been someone she resented or feared, for none of them sickly sensations slithered across her skin. She analysed his face with narrowing, inquisitive eyes, unearthing anything hidden behind his thin emerald eye; noting the green bandana coiled around his head, and the curling tight rings of dark hair sticking out in mad directions on the top of his skull. She found it curious that one eye was covered with a daunting black eye patch tightly coiled around his head. A grim scar had engraved his skin, stretching from his nose all the way to his cheek.

"I know I'm charming to gawk at las, but we gotta get our arses into gear," the man comically teased, with a sweet Irish twang to his words, "now we gotta get the feck outa here, before we end up curling over, okay? It's turned god damn feckin' crazy out there; if we stay, were sitting ducks - meaning were dead." "You're sweet little face won't do no good when it's cold and still, will it?" he calmly stated with a grin, reaching out his hand to caress Katerina's face.