Chapter Eighteen - Bliss

Hello internet peoples! I'm back with another chapter. This one is longer than usual but don't worry i'm sure you'll find it intresting... hopefully (>.<) The support i'm getting for this FanFic so far is amazing, so thank you so much for that! You're all amazing! Enjoy ~

Vaas stopped beside a small wooden gate, resting his palm on the wood as he looked back at Katerina, who glanced around her, shuffling her feet across the ground, shivers going up her spine from trepidation. Why had Vaas brought her here? It was darker back here. The shack in front of them shrouded them in darkness, and the towering trees and jungle plants on the other side of the fence blocked most light. What was he doing? Katerina scanned around her, her fingers tightly coiling around the straps of her back-pack. Vaas exhaled loudly, and patted the fence. Then, with one arm, he hoisted himself up and leaped over the fence so that he stood in the jungle.

“Come here,” he ordered, resting her elbows on the fence, waiting for Katerina to scurry towards him.

“Where are we going?” she asked, slowly putting one foot in front of the other, and checking around her as she anxiously treaded closer.

“Just come here amada.”

Amada. It was the new nickname he had begun using. Amada. Katerina had no idea what it meant, but for some reason it was more appealing than Chica– a name he had previously used, and hardly ever used now.

Still clutching onto the straps of her bag, she skipped her feet and rushed over to Vaas.

“Can you climb over?” he asked, scanning her with his warm, brown eyes.

“No, I’ll climb through.”

Vaas chuckled and stepped back, observing as Katerina squeezed her petite body through the gaps in the fence. She jumped up in front of him, flicking the hair from her face. She grinned and sighed, blowing a strand of her hair out of her face. Vaas reached his hand up beside her face and pushed the strand behind her ear. She smiled, never had his touch felt so warm.

“Vamos amada!” he suddenly called, marching through the bushes and the twisting vines that swathed around high lush trees. Katerina gnawed at her inner cheek and clumsily followed. Tripping over tree roots that had burst from the soil and stumbling over her feet when treading on the uneven ground. Her eyes were glued to the floor, examining the ground before she risked trampling her foot there – she was bare foot after all.

“Katerina, can you go any fucking slower?”

“Erm, I have no shoes you know!” Katerina grumbled, treading carefully and slowly. Trampling on her tip-toes, using the trees to balance her.

“For fuck’s sake!” Vaas snapped, turning around and pacing towards her. He stopped a few yards in front of her, leaning against a tree. “You’re taking the fuckin’ piss.” He grunted, surveying her with his arms tightly folded across his torso.

“I don’t want to step on a thorn!”

“A thorn?”

“Yes. Or a poisonous vine or plant, something like that.”

“Kat. There aren’t any poisonous vines or plants.”

“Poisonous frog then! What if I get bit by a snake?”

“That’s poisonous?”

Katerina stopped and scowled at him, Vaas beamed and chuckled. “Oh, shut up!” Katerina yapped, scrunching her nose and squinting her eyes. Vaas raised his eyebrow and stepped forwards, perching over Katerina, who nearly plummeted to the floor with fright.