჻angel

჻ship:brigcy

჻genre:angst

჻word count:1945

჻triggers:drug overdose, mention of self harm, suicide

⊱ ──── 《∘◦☹◦∘》 ──── ⊰

Italics are the song

Regular text is the story

Based off the song 'The A Team' by Ed Sheeran

⊱ ──── 《∘◦☹◦∘》 ──── ⊰

White lips, pale face
Breathing in snowflakes
Burnt lungs, sour taste

A once beautiful, carefree and upbeat girl sat lifeless, body limped on the ground of her bedroom. Blood sat on her hands, a syringe stuck in her body. If she hadn't been found any earlier, that would've been it..

Two women sat on the ground, one screaming for help frantically over the phone as she held her girlfriend close to her, tears rushing down her cheeks as she felt exasperated breaths leave her. She just wanted her girlfriend to be alive... She wanted her to be okay...

She didn't want to lose her.

It took ten minutes for the ambulance to arrive, the process of taking the women to the ambulance was quick, the other woman following behind quickly as fear struck through her.

What if she wasn't quick enough?

Light's gone, day's end
Struggling to pay rent
Long nights, strange men

On the hospital sat a pale woman, her usual gentle, and lively self with machines galore hooked up to her.

Her hair was draped over her shoulders, mask placed over her mouth. Bandages covered her everywhere, the needle once inside of her thankfully discarded.

Two hands were held close together, before a doctor came in, quickly, to excuse the moment.

"I'm sorry for interrupting... I just.. Need her name," He said softly, to which a soft answer of "Angela Ziegler" was said back to him.

The doctor was out in no time. Brigitte rested her head on the bed as she kept Angela's hand close to her, small cries leaving her. "Why... Angie.." she breathed, heart pounding against her chest as she looked at her, "You said you'd stop..."

There was no answer...

What if there was never an answer?

And they say
She's in the class A Team
She's stuck in her daydream
Been this way since eighteen

"The drugs are causing a very damaging effect on her body... She'll make it, but, we're going to have to possibly amputate one of her legs... And we're going to have to perform multiple procedures on her. She'll be in and out of OR's, on different floors of the hospital rapidly. She won't be good to talk either for a couple days.. But, you of course, are welcome to stay.. Just know that she won't be in this room for quite a bit.. She has procedures."