"Hey there!" A brown-haired girl around my age perks up when she sees me enter the shack. She rubs her palms against her denim shorts before looking back up at me with the biggest smile known to humankind. "Welcome to Tampsyn, girl! You a camper, counselor, or CA?"

I match her expression; a polite, big smile. "Counselor, I believe."

"Great! Last name, please?"

"Turner."

Timmy Turner. I bite my lip to withhold a laugh.

Not funny, not funny.

Her fingers work against the keys of her keyboard as she looks for my name.

She peeks back up at me. "Summer. Is that correct?"

I nod my head at her, and she claps her hands together. She reaches down behind the counter before popping her head back up as she leaves me my key on the countertop. She tosses my parking pass with my spot number written on it onto the counter next to my key before popping back up and placing a map of the camp down next to the two other things.

"Okay, so you have a cabin-mate who hasn't shown up yet, so you're going to be the first in your cabin since last summer. Sometimes we have incidents with snakes, so if you need I can send someone out to your cabin to release the hypothetical snake outside if you're not comfortable doing so." She grabs a small baggy from behind the counter, gently placing all the things set in front of us into it before she hands it to me. "And if you are in any way unhappy slash uncomfortable with your placement and want to transfer cabins, just come right back here and we can get that requested for you."

Snakes wouldn't be a problem. My brother has two back home. I'm the one taking care of them most of the time, considering he's in school. Well, not now that it's summer break, but before break. God, I hope he doesn't kill them.

She holds out her hand to me and I blink at it twice before realizing she's waiting for me to shake her hand. "My name is Emma. I'm head CA-which stands for counselors aid. I'm mostly the only one holding up the fort here, but Michael usually covers for me if I'm needed elsewhere. He has also been a CA here longer than most have so if there is a question I can't answer or a problem I can't solve, your best bet is going to him. And lucky for you, his station is just across your cabin."

I nod in understanding. "Wow, thank you. Uh, I have a question. Do I have to move my car right this instant, though? I really want to go get settled before I handle that so-"

"Oh, no, of course." She waves her hand dismissively, slightly easing my nerves. "You go get your stuff to your cabin! Parking shouldn't be an issue yet considering you're one of our first counselors here, but I would recommend being a bit quick. Third-year counselors can get a little riotous when it comes to parking on the first day back."

"Great. Thanks a bunch. It was amazing meeting you."

"Aw, likewise! And good luck with the snakes." She laughs, and I do too as I leave the little shack and pull the small map out of the tiny plastic bag she gave me.

I follow the directions on the map until I end up in front of a beautiful, dark cabin. I rummage for a quick second to grab the key before unlocking the door to reveal a dark, so far snake-free living space.

The cabin's rather limited with its space, yet appears so spacious. There's some space between the back of the kitchen counter and the side of the couch, but hardly. A small brown side table is on the other side of the tan couch. Under the couch, side table, and coffee table lies the most hideous rug I've ever seen in my life, but oddly enough, it brings the entire room together.