Tall-tales and the Weasleys

Start from the beginning

Finally looking up at my friend I saw that her brows were furrowed and her face confused, probably looking for something that could indicate that this was a lie. When she found nothing, she said

"Wow, just wow..."

We sat in silence for a while. Me wondering why I didn't tell her the truest truth and her probably trying to digest the new information.

"Wait so Malfoy is friendly to Harry because he needed to prove himself to you?"-Gin finally asked.

I nodded. I hoped that Ginny was smart enough to keep the whole thing a secret because I have no idea how Harry and Ron will react. Harry will probably just be fine. Confused a little, but no more. Ron, on the other hand, will be outraged. He will call me a traitor and leave, not gonna talk to me for a while. But maybe I'm wrong. He cares about me after all...

"We should go down to the common room 'Mione"-Ginny said.

Seeing then look on my face she added "most people would've cleared out by now"

I wanted to add some more furniture, but seeing as I was dealing with a Weasley, I obeyed. We went down and found that the only people that were still left in the common room were Dean and Seamus. They were quietly talking about something when we finally came down.

"Hey guys"-I said, smiling.

"Hello 'Mione"- they answered in unison.

"Have Harry and Ron already gone to bed?"-Ginny asked.

Dean nodded and said "they are upstairs, let me get them for you".

Ginny nodded as the dark skinned wizard went to the boy's dorms. I didn't want to talk to Harry and Ron because first of all, they were mad at me, and second of all, I didn't quite trust Ginny's big mouth to stay shut. A couple of minutes later, Dean came back with Harry and Ron trailing behind. They were both wearing pyjamas and were looking rather tired. Dean and Seamus decided to go upstairs, probably knowing that there would be a fight.

"So, what did you want us here for?"-Ron asked, looking from Ginny to me.

"Well, I noticed that you and Harry haven't talked to me the whole evening. Was wondering if there was any particular reason you ignored me"-I said trying not to let any emotion slip into my voice.

Ginny's POV

When Hermione spoke, I could hear the hurt in her voice. Harry and my poor excuse of a brother really did hurt her this time. She tried her best to hide the emotions, I could tell. I mean we have been friends for 6 years, I know when something is wrong.

"Well since you mentioned it, there is a particular blonde reason as to why we are ignoring you"- my brother said.

I was so pissed by now. How could he not see that he was hurting her? He is very dumb and has a lot of prejudices, everyone knows that. But only his siblings know how much on an ass he can sometimes be.

"I have no idea what you are talking about Ronald"-'Mione said.

"Well I'm more than sure you do, I mean what was that about in the carriage? You sitting close to Malfoy? Him helping you out of the carriage? You eye-fucking each other?"- Ron said, anger clearly visible in his voice.

"Shut up Ronald! You don't know what you are talking about! He has changed, he became friendlier! Is that what is bothering you so much? A person changing?"

I knew that Hermione was now mad. If Ron got her mad enough, he would probably be hexed.

"Hermione, HES A DEATH EATER! HE KILLED DUMBLEDORE! HE CALLED YOU NAMES FOR SIX YEARS AND NOW YOU ARE BEING FRIENDLY TO HIM???"-Ron roared. He was definitely mad now.

"He changed"- Hermione said, tears streaming down her face.

"And how would you know?"-asked the dumb ass that was my brother.

"She talked to him on the train. And he apologized! And for your information  people can change!"- I yelled, not being able to control what I was saying.

Then the room got quiet, Hermione glared at me, Harry shocked and Ron outraged.

"Sorry"- I yelped, looking at Hermione with a guilty face.

"Oh so that is where you have gone on the train? To talk to the holy Malfoy. Surprised you aren't dating"- Ron continued.

"Ron ENOUGH! I do whatever the fuck I want to! We aren't anything and don't act like you own me cause you DON'T! He really has changed and you should be HAPPY FOR ME!"-Hermione yelled.

She was now breaking down. Harry still didn't utter a single word, his face emotionless.

"How dare YOU YELL AT ME! "- Ron shrieked and threw himself at 'Mione, but Harry thankfully held him back.

"She's right, you should be happy for Hermione, I mean you have been friends for so long"-Harry said.

"I don't care who you are friends with,as long as you are happy"- he added, turning to Hermione.

"Thanks Harry"- she said and almost gave him a hug. Then she thought better of it, probably seeing Ron still being in his arms and was now trying to get out.

"I'm gonna go"- she excused herself and ran upstairs.

"Ronald WEASLEY! YOU ARE A FUCKING DUMBASS! YOU HURT HER! AND YOU BETTER APOLOGIZE GOT IT? OR ELSE I WONT HESITATE TO HEX YOU"-I yelled and ran after Hermione.

I knew she was hurt. Her friend was mad at her for being nice and she couldn't do anything about it. When I opened the door, I saw Hermione sitting on her bed, hands on her face, silently crying. She made no noise, but her shoulders were shaking violently. I set down next to her and stroked her back. That seemed to calm her down a bit, just enough for her to hug me. The couple seconds that I saw her face, I knew Row was going to pay. He was the one who caused my friend to be like that right now and I didn't care if he was my brother. What he had done to Hermione was unacceptable and that is what he is getting in return.

"I'm so sorry Hermione! If I would've kept my mouth shut, all this wouldn't have happened."- I said, it was true.

"Its okay, I'm glad you said it, they would have still heard about it from someone"- she answered pulling away and looking at me.

"Really"- I asked.

"Really"- she smiled.

"Now we better get into bed, we have a new class tomorrow"- she added.

"Alright"- I laughed.

We bid our good nights and I fell asleep as soon as my head touched the  pillow my last thought being that karma will return and hit my brother in the back with a knife.

Hey guys, I'm very sorry I wasn't posting a lot. I had a ton of schoolwork and also I had to do the scholarship stuff. I hope I will be able to update faster, but can't promise. I still have to finish off the school year will all A's and that takes a lot of time. Hope you enjoyed the chapter. Please comment and vote.