The feast and confrontations

Hey guys, I will post once in every couple of days because I have to do a lot of schoolwork:( I will try to make the chapters longer and more action-packed, but the beginning might be a little boring. Hope you enjoy this chapter .

Hermione's POV

As we got out of the carriage, Malfoy gave me a hand to help me out of the it. I was very confused as to the sudden change in mood, but accepted his hand. I saw Ron looking like he was about to murder someone. I, however didn't care. I still couldn't believe that Malfoy changed, he had the guts to actually prove himself. I knew that he hated Harry with passion, even though I don't know the reason behind it. Harry doesn't like talking about it, says that it was just a simple conversation and then they got into different houses. I swear sometimes he can be so obvious. Anyway, apologising to Harry was a big step for Malfoy to take so that proves he had really changed.

"Thank you"- I said, smiling at him and making sure that he was the only one who heard my words.

He looked a little confused, but then just smiled and let my hand go once I was safely standing on the ground. I didn't stop looking at him, and he didn't mind. Never before have I noticed how much he's changed since the last time I've seen him up close. I mean literally everything has changed, everything except his eyes. They stayed so stormy and grey, so beautiful. But I also noticed other things like his smile, not the smirk that he always used to show to the world, but a small, gentle smile tugging on the corners of his lips.

And that blond hair of his, it definitely looks better without any hair gel. It now looks more free and, surprisingly, longer. Malfoy's hair was done to one side, and was now falling into his eyes. His face seemed so at ease, so peaceful, like he was sleeping. And then there were his lips, so soft and full of color. The contrast of the pale skin and the bright pink lips was so amusing, so magical. But I couldn't be there, not now when everyone else is watching, I had a feast to attend and friends to talk to. Maybe in another universe...

"Hermione, come on! The food is waiting!"- Gin said and literally dragged me away from him.

I knew she was right, I had to go before my friends will think something. Most of them were too obvious, but I know Ginny is above their level of stupid and of course she probably figured out by now. I waved goodbye to Malfoy and he just smiled, waiting for me and Gin to go in before he does. Everyone else has gone inside, so me and Gin had a silent walk up to the Great Hall.

Draco's POV

I gave her a hand and she took it, smiling down at me. She got off the carriage and landed on the ground close to me. I didn't want to release her hand, but I had to, seeing in the corner of my eye that Potter wasn't exactly happy, and Weasel was maroon by now. He clearly wasn't a fan of the idea that I held her, that she smiled at me, that I had something he had always wanted.

"Thank you"- Hermione whispered to me, the smile never leaving her lips.

I was a little confused as to what she meant seeing as I helped her out of the carriage and got on civil terms with Potter, but decided she meant both. I noticed how close we were, only a few feet separating us. I looked at her and wondered how I have never noticed all those things about her. Her curly hair that wasn't very bushy, and her face didn't look all that bad. I noticed her hazel eyes, shining with happiness. Her long eyelashes, carefully trimmed eye brows. I looked down and noticed her lips, they were beautiful, a bright red color. I could see she wasn't wearing any make-up, because she didn't need it to show her beauty.

I gazed at her and she gazed back, her eyes running, scanning my face, looking at my lips momentarily, before Weaslette pulled her away, saying something about food. She looked back and waved as she was dragged to the castle, I waited behind. I didn't want to associate her with me but not because she was a muggle born, but because I was a death eater.

I entered minutes later, as the sorting was almost done with. Sitting by Blaise, I tried not to gain attention, and yet, saw many eyes on me as I pretended to be very interested in the silverware.

"Mate, where were you? Were you walking or something? And what took you so long?"- Blaise piled me with questions.

"I had to finish something"- I said, looking at the Gryffindor table.

Blaise, following my gaze, looked at Weaslette, but his eyes quickly slid to her left, where Hermione was sitting. They were talking about something and Hermione seemed pretty irritated as well as flushed and mad. She looked frightening, and I am the one to say it since I remember the last time she was so in range, she hit me in the face. Then she caught me staring and I looked away, back to my best mate.

"I would've never thought that you like Granger, but here I am, seeing this with my own eyes."- Blaise said.

"Shut it Zabini, I don't like her, we're just friends. Besides I wouldn't have been saying things if I were you."- I answered, Blaise raising an eye brow at me.

"You think I don't see how you look at Weaslette?"- I said.

He flinched at my comment, and I knew I had hit something. I smirked and continued.

"Isn't it the Weaslette that landed you in the hospital in our 6th year. Or isn't it her who wouldn't hesitate to take the quaffle from you and you would be left dumbstruck for the rest of the game. Or isn't it the Weaslette that you wanted to invite to Slughorn's Christmas party in 6th year and couldn't take your eyes off her when she showed up with Dean Thomas?"- I asked, already knowing the answer.

"ENOUGH!"-Blade shouted, as a couple students looked at him, he just glared back.

"Maybe I do have a little thing for her. So what, it doesn't matter! She's with Potter, isn't she? Its not like she's gonna drop the Boy-who-refused-to-die for some slytherin git who called her blood traitor for 7 years"- Blaise pointed out. 

And he was right, as much as I hated to admit it. The rest of the feast was fairly peaceful, we didn't even bother to talk, just stuffed food into our mouth, adding some drinks to the mix in our stomachs.

Ginny's POV

Me and 'Mione walked up to the castle in silence, she looked at the ground, blushing occasionally. As well as pretending that nothing was wrong. We reached the Great Hall and took our seats that Harry and Ron happily didn't save for us. The sorting ceremony was still going, and it was a great time to talk.

"What was that about?"- I asked.

"What are you referring to?"- Hermione said in the most innocent voice possible.

"You know what I'm talking about. The reason Malfoy was in our carriage, and why he apologized only to Harry. And also what was that about when he offered you his hand? And you two standing and just looking at each other?"- I said, looking as she got paler.

"W-w-well, we were just you know, being polite"-she answered stuttering.

I knew that she was lying, but I needed to prove it to her somehow.

"Being polite doesn't involve the check each other out, or scooting closer to him"- I huffed, clearly annoyed.

"Can you just wait until the feast is over and talk somewhere more private?"- she asked.

"Oh by the way, someone is looking at you"- I told her as I noticed Malfoy and Zabini looking at our table, talking about something, or rather, someone.

She looked over, and met eyes with Malfoy, who turned his gaze to the table.

"Can't you just DROP IT and enjoy the feast?"- Hermione whisper-yelled.

"All right, all right, what ever you say"- I muttered, thinking of what else was so unusual that Malfoy did.

And then I came up with something. Why would a sworn enemy apologize to his opponent, without anyone making him? Of course! Hermione probably wanted them to be on civil terms for some reason. And then the train ride where she brought him up? That is really not her usual behavior. There is also the time where she left our compartment, for like, 30 minutes. Where would she even go? Definitely not the rest rooms, and probably not to go find a professor for something. This was weird, beyond weird so I'm going to have to ask her later.

Hey guys, so here it is, the next chapter. I might write another one today or tomorrow. Hope you guys are enjoying so far. Please vote and comment and hope you enjoyed.