Chapter (24): La Divorce

Start from the beginning

"Me too sweatheart. What's going on? I heard you were sick. Are you okay now? Do you want me to call the doctor?"

"No, mom, I'm fine now. Danni took care of me"

"Danni?"

"Yeah, the new chief you hired who actually by the way turned out to be Steve's friend"

"What a coincidence! I guess we made the right choice, right?" she said. Her face turned serious and grabbed Avery's hand. "Sweetie... there is something I should tell you about"

"What? What is it?" She frowned.

"Your father and I are officially divorced. He won't be here with us, he will be staying at his girlfriend's house"

"What?" she said softly as her eyes turned glassy and she took back her hand slowly, looking down at the covers.

"I'm sorry, Avery but it was for the best" She looked down again. "I do love your father but we won't be together. We can't. Sorry to break such news to you... I'm gonna give you some space... you probably need it to process everything" She stood up and headed to the door, glancing at her daughter one more time before leaving.

Silent tears rolled down her cheeks and touched her bare hand. She stared at her hands and her vision blurred from the flow of her tears, she couldn't catch her breath for a split second and buried her face in her hand, letting it all out.

*********************************

Danni was leaning her back against her vespa and looking at her phone, checking the messages and one new message popped into the screen.

~Hey, I miss you~

She smiled at the text. ~I miss you more~

~Close your eyes and take a deep breath~

She closed her eyes and did as she was told then she felt hands covering her eyes and a smile spread across her face.

"Why are you covering my eyes?" she asked through her chuckles.

"Just helping you relax" she whispered in her ear and took her hands back.

Danni turned around at Chloe, pulled her closer into a welcoming hug by snaking an arm around her waist and Chloe circled her arms around her neck.

"You always know when I need you" Danni whispered in her ear.

She giggled and took a step back from the hug, looking at her. Her hand was caressing her cheek and her eyes glanced at Danni's lips wanting to taste them. As she was drawing closer, Danni gently stopped her.

"What?" she asked softly.

"Your father is here, what if he sees us?"

"Yeah, you are right"

She looked around quickly then grabbed Danni's hand guiding her to the corner and pushed her lightly against the wall.

"Now my kiss" She demanded seductively and Danni smirked as she captured her lips in a fervent kiss then switched their places that Chloe now was pinned against the wall and she laughed at the surprise. Danni held her against her body as the kiss deepened and turned into a tongue battle with their hands all over each other. They broke the kiss, and they were both panting.

"I told you I missed you" said Chloe as she stroked her hair.

"Did you come here to just see me?" She smirked.

"I did... then I heard that Meredith was back"

"So you are here for Meredith?"

"Kind of but mostly because I wanted to see you so bad" She smiled devilishly.