It was as if she just looked at the people present in the bar. She slowly roamed her eyes around the bar and saw that, indeed, everyone was either her friend or colleague. "Oh my God! Eves! Did you really just... How did you... I mean when..."

I chuckled at her expression. It wasn't always that you could catch her off guard and I was enjoying her current situation. But remembering I had something else to do, I quickly grabbed her hand and said, "Allie, as much as it's cute to look at your dumbfounded expression, I'm afraid I need you to meet someone who is as much responsible for this as I am. I'm sure you'd love to meet him." I let my eyes wander the entirety of the bar and finally found the man in question smiling and chatting with a group of girls who were swooning at his presence.

"What do you mean? Wait, it's a man? Eves, who are you talking about? Is it... is it... him?" Allie asked hesitantly with a hint of hope in her.

This caused a pang of guilt in me. Maybe I shouldn't have said that. I knew by him, she was referring to Mike but that he-bimbo didn't even seem interested in doing anything for her birthday even when I'd called him a few days ago, making a stupid excuse of being busy for his concert. I didn't want to hurt her by replaying our conversation and seeing her face laced with hope and desperation was slowly killing me.

I immediately schooled my expression and rolled my eyes at her. "C'mon Allie! Do you really think Mike is the only guy who would do this for you? Well, then let me remind you that there are plenty of others who are more than willing to lend their hands for your birthday. I just chose a single person from the list. And I'm sure Mr. Loverboy has some of his own ideas for your birthday up his sleeve for later." I gave her a wink and saw her blush a bit. "Now c'mon! Let's go meet our handsome helper." With that, I ignored her confused look and pulled her along the direction of her mysterious helper.

He turned around and saw us just as we reached him. Seeing us, he quickly grinned widely and said, "Ah, so the birthday girl is finally here to thank me?" He said with his eyes slowly going from mine to Allie's and remaining there for a bit longer.

Before anyone could do anything, I heard her high squeal before I saw her wrap her arms around him with the similar force as when she'd hugged me. "Oh my God, Jake! What are you doing here? Where have you been? And when did you..."

Allie then pulled and narrowed her eyes at the both of us. "You two!" She exclaimed, pointing her finger at the both of us. "You planned this all behind my back and I didn't even suspect a single thing! Either I'm too dumb or you're both too good at this."

She pouted.

Jake wrapped his arm around her shoulder and chuckling, he said, "it's likely the latter one, Lison." He emphasized the name he gave her, knowing she hated it and chuckled at her obvious displeasure.

"You are denser than the Amazon rainforest. But still me and Eves are simply awesome." We high-fived and laughed at her grumpy self before pulling her into a group hug.

Allie then pulled away, "Okay now, enough of talking and hugging! It's my birthday, my two best friends are here and the night is still young! Now let's go partayyy! Come on guys!" She squealed, grabbing our hands and pulling us into the dance floor.Lots of people came and wished her on our way and she excitedly thanked them for coming and continued to pull us.

We reached the dance floor where the DJ wished her a happy birthday and invited everyone to dance. We danced together and laughed as we missed most of the beats. I silently thanked the lords above seeing Allie smile that bright in a long time.

I suddenly froze as I felt a pair of hands encircling my waist pulling me closer to a hard chest. Something about the cologne made my heart beat harder in my chest. I slowly turned around only to lock my eyes with electric blue ones I saw not more than a few hours ago. He was still in the same suit as earlier and stuck out among everyone as the dominant one of all.

"Fancy seeing you here, Ms. White." Adrian Stone said in my ear sending tingles to my body. "I believe fate has brought us together tonight to celebrate our upcoming partnership." The infuriating man had the most idiotic smirk in his face while I could only stare at him dumbfounded like an idiot.

"What the hell are you doing here!?" I exclaimed mentally thanking my brain and mouth for finally coming to their senses and making their presence known.

"Well, it's Friday night and I happen to like this place. Seems like you do, too. We do have some things in common, Ms. White." Once again, he didn't forget to pull up his smirk.

I narrowed my eyes at him. "I am aware that it's a Friday night, Mr. Stone. However, I'm merely surprised that you were able to get through the entrance as I'd booked this place for my friend's birthday and had strictly mentioned no unwanted visitors." I said, emphasizing the last three words.

The smirking devil didn't lose his smirk and was apparently amused as he said "Oh, I'm glad you did so since I wouldn't want any unwanted visitors visiting my private party either. But a small problem is that, I'm guessing you didn't mention no owner of the club."

"What?! You own this place?" His eyes were filled with so much humour and his smirk so huge that I wanted to throttle the man. Of course he owned the club. That man could buy half of America if he wanted and he knew it very well judging by his smug expression.

Resisting the urge to stomp his foot, I took a look at Allie and found her and Jake dancing together and giving curious looks to the big headed businessman beside me. I gave them a smile and turned around walking away from the dancefloor. Soon after, I heard as well as felt my possible business partner trailing behind me.

I sighed. To think it was a long day. I had a feeling the night was going to be even longer.