Chapter 16: The Moon is a Harsh Mistress

Samantha could barely move, her injuries burning with unimaginable pain. She stayed frozen on the ground, her eyes riveted at the sight of a young Professor V looking in his late twenties, when he should have been on his early fifties.

His usually sleek, graying hair was black and ruffled from his recent fight. The fine lines that used to grace his features were gone, replaced by smooth, porcelain complexion. His stooped appearance was gone - he was standing tall, emanating power and male dominance.

His crimson eyes were staring deeply at Samantha's wolf form, his smirk teasing. Samantha gulped, and was about to beg for mercy, but the only sound that escaped her was a small whimper. She felt her strength draining away.

"Oh dear!" Professor V suddenly exclaimed, his features crumpling with worry. "You've been terribly hurt!" He rushed toward Samantha, and she flinched as he approached.

Oh shit! Darn, I'm screwed!

Darnit sis, what's going on? We're on our way! Hold on!

This is Tony, Darren and I are about 45 minutes away.

Samantha, hold on. Please.. What's going on right there? Daniel's deep tone resonated above the other mental voices.

I honestly have no idea, but I think I'm in deep trouble.

"Samantha dear, it's alright, I do not intend to harm you," Professor V calmly addressed her, noticing her distress. "Let me take you home, your wounds need tending to."

He wants me to come home with him.

Samantha, do NOT do as that vampire says! Marius' deep tone warned.

Samantha weakly tried to scamper away from him, but she couldn't. The pain from her ribs were debilitating, and her hind leg was starting to swell.

Professor V removed his coat and tore it to strips. Despite Samantha's meek protests, he tightly wrapped her bleeding leg and shoulders, stopping the bleeding.

"There, much better!" he smiled jovially. "Oh, you dropped your things!" He immediately turned around and picked up everything that spilled from her bag earlier, fixing her things in a matter of a few seconds.

Sis! Don't get quiet there, you're killing me!

Uhm.. He stopped the bleeding from my wounds and he picked up my things...

"Can you stand? Oh, of course you can't. Come lean on me deary. Any chance you can morph back into your human form? You're not exactly petite in this form.." He suddenly glanced up the sky. "Oh, right. Full moon. So sorry my dear. Come, let's get your wounds cleaned up."

Samantha, no matter what happens, fight him! We're on our way! Tony's mental voice said.

I can't, oh God I can't do anything. I won't be able to fight him off..

Damn Samantha, you have to! The warriors are on their way, please hold on! Daniel interrupted.

My dear daughter, please fight..

Sis! Don't you dare give up! Where's my fierce tigress, huh?

"Samantha, please, my neighbors will start to wonder what a huge wolf is doing in our alley." Professor V explained. "And I cannot ascertain that there aren't more of those filthy wannabes around here," he spat, clearly not too fond of the turned vampires.

"C'mon, my dear, in all the years you've known me, have I ever harmed anyone?" Samantha looked at him dubiously, eyeing his younger appearance.

I don't think he's gonna take me home to kill me.