60 |Grammy surprises|

January 26th, 2020
Y/n POV

"Pops are you sure you're gonna be okay, I could stay here if you want?" He shook his head and patted my shoulder.

"Yeah I'm sure son, I'll be fine you just make sure you go ahead and support Ariana. I'll be watching from home."

I nodded at his words before hugging him quickly cause my mom and I had to go, well me, my mom, and my brothers had to go.

We were attending the Grammys despite my not wanting to go mainly cause I know they don't always award those who truly deserve it, the academy truly gets more clueless as the years go by.

Other than that though, today was supposed to be a day of celebration and happiness that quickly turned into a day of somberness.

The world woke up to horrible news that in all honesty stopped everything in its tracks.

We lost a great man, his daughter and seven others in what can only be described as a freak accident.

Atleast that's what it was in my eyes.

The world stopped much like the entire city of LA.

I couldn't believe it, and quite honestly I don't want to believe it.

That is also the other reason why I wanted to skip out on the Grammys.

Why should I be celebrating an event as meaningless and biased as that in a building he called home for 20 years?

It truly makes no sense, but life goes on and unfortunately it has to go on without them.

So it was more so a sad occasion that I more than anything want to run through like a marathon.

I'm just gonna put on as fake a smile as I've ever donned in my life for the duration of this ceremony.

The only real good thing about this lackluster day and award show is the fact that Ariana was nominated not once but five times for five different awards and she's performing so that'll definitely cheer me up some.

Just being able to see her in her element again is truly a blessing.

Anyways though, I gotta hurry up and get everybody excluding my dad for his own personal reasons to the SUV waiting for us outside.

Ariana and I were taking two different means of transportation mainly because she had to be at the Staples center earlier so she could get ready while my process of getting ready was much simpler than hers not counting the fact that I have to get my incredibly slow mom and brothers to the event on time.

I don't know why they take so long especially my mom, she preaches time management all the time and yet can't be bothered with being on time today.

Xavier is up for three Grammys tonight based on his producing projects alone so I don't get why he wouldn't want to get there in a timely manner either.

I sighed in relief though when I finally saw all of them dressed neatly and on their way to the vehicle.

My phone vibrated in my suit clad pocket so I took it out seeing texts from my friends, family and Ariana.

Obviously I was gonna respond to her first cause that's my woman and I wasn't going to continue living if I ignored her.

BM😍💍:

Baby are you almost here, I don't want to go on the carpet without you🥺

I smiled at that, she always found a way to make me smile even on my worst days.