Chapter 1: The Man in Black

It was a Saturday night and the sirens blared, the red and blue lights reflected off of every raindrop and puddle in sight. The shots were fired and the man in black made his first appearance in Cartel. Cartel is such a deceiving name for a town, not many people live in Cartel because they believe it has something to do with the drug cartels. Cartel hasn't got anything to do with drug cartels or any disorderly actions. Cartel is a quiet town with an amazing beach and awesome weather. Elle and April walk down the quiet street leading to their favorite shopping mall. They walk in and take their normal route to their favorite cafe, to get their usual order, a blended iced mocha, a iced sweet tea, and two of their jumbo chocolate cookies.Today unlike usual they order theirs to go, because they have a busy day of shopping ahead of them. They first stop at their favorite shop the Pandora's box. Inside Elle and April find new inventory stocked on the shelves. From necklaces to books Pandora's box has it all. It's one of the only shops in the mall that has things for both of their styles, Elle with her black t-shirt featuring some rock band from the 80's and April with her button-up blouse and hogwarts socks. Elle compliments her look with black jeans, a red flannel, and black converse, she also wears pocket chains and a choker to finish her dark and mysterious aura. April complements her look with a snitch necklace, black sneakers, a messenger bag, and her blonde hair pulled into a high pony.

"APRIL!!"

" What?"

" We should get our hair dyed!!?!"

" Are you sure your mom would like us getting our hair dyed without her permission?"

"Uhhhhh...maybe we should ask her? Should i text or call her or should we just do it and deal with it later?"

" I'll text. And if she doesn't reply in 5 minutes, you can call her. Okay?"

" Ok got it, we should totally get matching nose piercings too! Wait no not happening..."

" Alright.... To the plan not the nose piercing. God your mom would kill us!"

" We are 16 and 17 years old. I'm pretty sure we can take care of ourselves."

" Yeah i guess. Plus it would let me use those fighting skills my mom brags about so much."

April pulls out her phone and clicks on her contact list, finding the name Christy, and clicking the text button that pops up next to it.

AH: Uh hey Christy... can we get our hair dyed?.. I mean we're almost done with school and it'd be fun...?

Waiting on her mothers reply, Elle and April wait anxiously at the food court, planning which colors to dye their hair and what to get for lunch.

"April, I'm not sure what color to do if we can and I'm really hungry and don't know what to get for lunch."

" I know what to get for lunch, ITALIAN! And for the color, I was gonna get maybe purple, like the midnight sky."

"That gives me an idea I should get the black dye with a blue tint! You'd look good with black and purple hair."

" Ok! I'll get that!"

Suddenly, April's phone dings.

"Uhh was- was that my mom?!?"

"Yup!"

"uhh.."

Christy: Alright, but nothing to bold, like neon green or something like that.

Elle pulls out her phone and texts Donte, her twin brother.