Better Reputation

This shit long and low key doesn't make sense.
Summary: Harley is Tony and Pepper's son. Harley begins to gain the same reputation his dad had at his age. Tony and Pepper decide to have him fake date one of Tony's interns. Peter/Harley. Peter is 17, Harley is 18.

               Tony pushed his papers to the side as Pepper walked in. He was smiling but it began to fall when he saw her face. She looked disappointed and tired. Tony stood up, walked towards her, and put his hand on her shoulder.
               "Hey, pep. What's wrong?" The woman just let out a deep sigh and handed Tony the stark pad she was holding. He looked at it and his mouth formed a thin line. There was a news article with a headline stating 'Harley Stark. The new genius, billionaire, playboy' with a picture of Harley walking out of a party with a shorter brunette. Tony sighed as he walked over to his chair. He sat down heavily, placed the Stark pad on his desk, and put his head in his hands. This isn't the first time this has happened. Pepper kneeled next to him and wrapped her arm around his shoulders.
               "What are we gonna do with this kid, Pep?" His wife gave him a sympathetic smile.
               "I'm not sure yet, Tony." Tony leaned back in his chair as his mind began to race.
—time skip: 2 days later—
               "Pep, I think I have an idea!" Tony spoke as he walked into Pepper's office. She jumped in her chair slightly before giving her husband a confused smile. He sat in the chair across from her.
               "You know how Harley's been earning himself quite the reputation recently?" Pepper flinched slightly but nodded her head.
               "What if we convince him to be in a fake relationship so that way people will be more confident in Harley's abilities to own Stark Industries?" Pepper was quiet for a minute, trying to process what Tony was saying, before she let out a surprised laugh.
               "Do you really think Harley would agree to that? And if he did, who would we set him up with? It can't be a random person because people won't trust that." Tony nodded his head as he pointed as his forehead.
               "I already thought of that. IF Harley agrees to this, we could get him to 'date' Peter." Pepper begins to shake her head but Tony continues.
               "I know, I know. We shouldn't drag Peter into this. He doesn't deserve this. But the public knows Peter. He's been my intern for years. People love him and they always talk about how he's trustworthy. If he and Harley were to date, people might think Peter trusts Harley enough, so they should too!" Pepper gives Tony a blank look.
               "Tony, I know everyone loves Peter, but the boys hardly know each other. They met like three times. People won't believe they're in a relationship." Tony let out a sigh and grabbed his wife's hand.
               "I know. But it's one of the only things in my mind that will get people to trust Harley. Sure it's a stretch and it might not work. But it's worth a shot." Pepper let out a sigh and squeezed Tony's hand.
               "We'll talk to Harley when he gets home. Then you can ask Peter if Harley says yes."
—time skip—
               Harley walks into the living and sets his bag next to the coffee table. He walks into the kitchen and sees his mom at the table and his dad by the oven. They both turn to him as he clears his throat. Pepper smiles softly.
               "Hey, baby. How was school?" Harley shrugs his shoulders and walks to the fridge, pulling out a water bottle.
               "It was fine. School, ya know?" Pepper nods and shares a look with Tony. The man sniffles.
               "We need to talk to you about something, har." Harley looks between them curiously as he sits down. Tony sits next to Pepper, across from Harley. They share one more look and then Pepper looks into Harley's eyes with a disappointed look.
               "Harley..." She doesn't finish her sentence as she sighs and pulls out the stark pad with the article from only a couple days ago. He stares at it.
               "What about it?" Tony and Pepper's eyes widen.
               "What about it? This is the third time this week someone has written an article about you taking another girl home," Tony says angrily.
               "I didn't take her home. I took her to a hotel," Harley murmured. Tony narrows his eyes at Harley and pepper looks shocked.
               "That's not any better Harley!" Tony yells. Pepper puts her hand on Tony's shoulder and the man slumps into his seat.
               "Harley, you need to understand that if you want to run this company, you can't act like this."
               "Why not? Dad did the same thing when he was my age."
               "I don't want you to do the things I do! You're supposed to be better than me." Tony stares at Harley in disbelief before standing up and pacing behind Pepper. The woman grabs her sons hands.
               "Harley, we want you to be successful when you take over this company. But you can't be successful if nobody wants to be involved with the person running the company." Harley looks down at his lap because he can't stand the way his mom is looking at him.
               "What do you want me to do?" Harley asked quietly. Pepper rubbed her thumbs over the back of his hands and gave him a soft smile. Tony sat down in his seat again, placing his hand on Harley's forearm.
               "We wanted to, if you're okay with it, create a fake relationship for publicity so that way people will begin to trust you." Harley met his parents eyes with a confused look.
               "Who am I going to fake date? No one actually wants to date me, even if it's fake." Pepper gives him a sad smile as she answers.
               "We were thinking Peter, if he's up for it." Harley's eyes widen as he quickly looks between his parents.
               "I know you don't know him that well, but he's the best option. The public knows him, they trust his judgment, and everybody loves him. And it's a realistic story. You met your dads personal intern and stuff just happened between you two." Harley thinks about it for a minute and then he nods his head, rolling his eyes slightly.
               "Alright, fine." Pepper smiles, relieved, and Tony lets out a breath.
               "Okay, Peter's lab day is tomorrow. I'll talk to him then."
—time skip—
Peter walked through the doors with a bright smile on his face. He waved to the receptionist. The woman smiled back kindly.
"Hello, Peter. How are you today?"
"Hello, Candi. I'm good, how are you?" Peter held out his hand and Candi shook it.
"I'm good. Have fun today, babes." Peter laughs softly as he nods his head.
"I always do." He scans his badge as he walks through the metal detector. Friday's voice comes out of the speaker next to the detectors.
"Welcome back, Mr.Parker. It's good to see you again. Boss is waiting for you in the lab." Peter thanks the AI and enters the elevator. When he enters the lab, Tony is leaning against the arm of his chair, facing away from the elevator, deep in thought.
"Ummm, Mr.Stark?" Tony jumps and turns towards Peter. He smiles nervously at the boy and pulls Peter's chair out.
"Hey, underoos. I need to talk to you about something." Peter nodded his head and sat down in the chair, his leg bouncing anxiously. Tony notices and gives him a reassuring smile. It calms Peter's nerves slightly but he's still worried.
"Pete, I know you don't know my son very well, but pepper and I think you would be a great help. Harley has been developing a pretty bad reputation and we think you might be able to start a path for Harley to fix it." Peter looks at Tony, confused.
"How am I supposed to help with that?" Tony sighs, as if he's about to ask something that he doesn't want to ask.
"Pepper and I want you to pretend to date Harley. That way the board of directors can start to trust Harley with this company. If they see that he can commit to a stable relationship after being dubbed as a playboy, they might think he's cleaning up his act and trying to be better. I hate that I'm asking you to do this, Pete, but it's one of our only options." Peter's starting down at his hands as he processes what tony just said. He has to date his mentors son? The son he barley knows? If Tony's asking him that must mean he's already talked to his son, right? Tony can see the internal struggle Peter is dealing with so he puts his hand on the boys shoulder.
"Pete, if you're not comfortable, you can say no. We just thought of you because everyone loves you. But we can find someone else." Peter thinks over everything that could go wrong and then he lets out a sigh.
"Okay." Tony looks at him with wide eyes.
"You're really okay with that?" Peter laughs softly.
"I think you knew I'd say yes. I'd do anything to help you and Pepper." Tony smiles at the kid and pulls him into a side hug. They stay like that for a while until Tony pulls away and claps his hands.
"Okay, what do you want to do? I wasted about ten minutes of your lab time so we can do whatever you want." Peter smiles brightly.
—time skip—
Harley is sitting in the living room with his mom as he waits for Tony and Peter to come up for dinner. Harley can't lie, he always thought Peter was attractive every time he met him. But he didn't know him at all. All he knew was that he was smart. He sighs as he hears the elevator open. He looks over and sees the two walk in. Pepper stands up and hugs Peter.
"Hey, Peter. It's good to see you again. How are you? How's May?" Peter smiles brightly and Harley looks away.
"Hello, Mrs.Stark. I'm good and so is May. She's been really busy with work though. How are you?" Pepper smiles at the boy in a motherly way.
"That's good. I'm doing great, thank you. You should tell May she needs to stop working so much. I need some more girl time." Peter laughs again, and Harley can tell he's nervous. The boy's always nervous though. They all sit at the dining table as Pepper places the food. As they eat, they discuss their plan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: there will be a part two. I'm sorry but I felt like I couldn't fit the whole story in one part. I might be wrong and I'll be regretting this decision but whatever. Also I'm sorry I keep disappearing but I'm having really bad writers block so just hang in there. I hope you enjoyed and I'll see you, in the next chapter. BUH-BYE!!!!
~Grace