Chapter 5 - Rain

I woke up to the sound of a very happy song, it was in the restaurant next door, I looked at my cell phone that was on the nightstand next to my bed to see that it was already noon, I got up lazily and walked slowly to the bathroom, I looked in the mirror and brushed my teeth while thinking about what I would have to buy when going to the market later.

After showering I put on a black long-sleeved blouse and put on a white round skirt, put on my black 7/8 socks and tied my hair, I grabbed my bag and walked through my flowers on the way to the market, I remember the taxi driver he had told me he had one nearby. When I was locking my door I looked around to see last night's security guards going to their cars, they must be off today.

I shrugged and started walking down the sidewalk in the opposite direction of the restaurant, I didn't want to take a taxi just to get to know more of my neighborhood, I looked down as I walked and remembered last night.

--FlashBack--

"I would also like to know ... how old are you? You know ... if you are as strong as you look, you had to be around- "I squeezed my scissors and grabbed Vincent's tie so he would be my height "I am old enough to know when a man has ulterior motives. I have nothing you want, and you have nothing I want, so if it isn't uncomfortable ... GET OUT!"

With those harsh words ... Vincent's eyes widened and he stared at me as I looked back defiantly.

He got up apologetically and left as quickly as he came. I sighed and looked down, I don't want him to think I'm like the other girls ...

I was taken out of my thoughts when I heard a thunderstorm and looked up, the clouds were heavy and dark, great, I forgot my umbrella, I hurried my steps until I looked at the big market across the street, I walked quietly crosswalk and entered the place.

I took a basket and went to the candy aisle, I got some candies and several bars of chocolate, this is the best part of finally living alone, eating whatever I want! I walked to the cleaning aisle and bought soap and detergent, I looked up and saw the washing powder I needed, I stayed on the tip of my sneakers and tried to reach them but I couldn't, until I saw an arm over me, I looked back and saw yesterday's blue-eyed security guard ... Mike, I think. He smiled and gave me a box of washing powder. "Did you want that?" he says with a smile.

"oh yes ... of course" I said taking the box from his hand, now that I can see him clearly, and without that uniform ... he is very handsome ... "Well, I saw you leaving earlier today, I didn't think I would find you here, I wanted to apologize for yesterday, Scott got us out of there before I could say anything." I shook my head when he said that, and smiled "It's okay, I didn't even remember it anymore ... what are you doing here?" Playing football y / n, what do people do in the market???! I put my hand on my face because of the dumb question and Mike smiled "I came to buy some things that my girlfriend asked" ah ... he has a girlfriend ... "Oh, got it, what's her name?" I asked as we started walking "Michelle, but everyone calls her doll, because of me" I smile at him, it makes sense that he has a girlfriend, since he is very cute and seems to be very strong.

"It's nice to see you happy about that, oh, and thanks for helping me get the washing powder, people don't remember us, the little ones" He laughed, and said "It must be really hard ... you want me to do I accompany you? your house is in the way of mine. " stay longer with him? obvious! "Sure! it'll be cool" I said with a sweet smile. After we passed the cashier with our purchases, he and I walked slowly through the city, I laughed at his jokes and puns, he was very funny, although his face shows that he looks very mean and serious.

"So, Scott said you were born in Brazil, do you know the country well?" He looks at me curiously, I smile and say "More or less, I spent the holidays there when I was younger, because of my maternal grandparents, I know a little of the language that my friends there taught me" He nods with his head "This is really cool, I have lived my whole life here, but I have nothing to complain about, soon I will move in with the Doll and we will start a new phase" he says looking forward, his smile slowly disappeared. I follow your side looking closely at your face.

After a silence with me looking at him I frowned and said "You don't look so happy about it" He shakes his head and puts a fake smile on his face "it's nothing, it's just that she and I are going through a phase difficult, we almost never have time for each other. " He says looking at me, I nod and we keep walking. Mike stopped walking and I turned to see what had happened to him. "I think we better hurry" he said looking to the side, I raised an eyebrow and looked in the same direction as him and saw a heavy rain approaching "Run!!!" I said taking his arm and running down the sidewalk with the other people, when we saw it, we were already soaked, we stopped under the porch of an ice cream parlor, and sat on the door steps waiting for the rain to subside.

"At least shopping doesn't get that wet ..." I said opening a bag "I like how you always try to see the good in things" he says taking off his coat and twisting it. I laugh and look out onto the street, the colored lights from streetlights and cars reflecting off the wet pavement, and I sighed feeling the sweet breeze as I brushed a wet strand of my hair out of my face. I could feel Mike staring at me ...

Continue ...