↠The Annoucement - 039*

"To be loved, and to be in love"— T H E  A N N O U C E M E N T —

— T H E A N N O U C E M E N T —

Sirius picked up Alexander from his laying spot on Sage and Sirius's bed. He had woken up around 6, which was perfect for Sage because she had to get up early anyway for last-minute planning. It was December 22, and that meant at 1 o'clock the couple would make the public announcement at the castle of their engagement and Sirius's future royal titles. Sirius was to be the Duke of York, seeing as Sage's title before she became Queen was the Princess of York. "Hey, buddy... How long do you think before your mum comes in here demanding I wear a suit?" Sirius whispered the question to Alex, who just stared up at him with his almost hazel eyes that Sirius already adored.

He chuckled when Alex started gurgling at him in response. "Really? I think so too... Red tie? Good thing mummy is wearing red today, we can match." Sirius laid Alex back down in his portable crib and smiled at him softly. "You're going to end up breaking some hearts, buddy. Just don't be too much like me before your mum... I think Sage would have a heart attack."

There was a soft click and the door opened slowly. Sage was wearing a red dress with gold accents and her hair up. She looked beautiful, no one could deny that. "You have thirty minutes to get ready, we have to greet photographers and interviewers before the actual press starts... Is he still awake?" Sage questioned as she walked towards the crib. Sirius moved away to get ready and felt his smile grow at the sight. "He is but I'm not sure for how much longer." Alex's eyes were droopy and he looked close to sleep. "I guess I'll have to hold you when we get back then." Sage rubbed his cheek softly with her left hand.

"Have I ever told you how much I love it when you wear suits?" Sirius smirked at her comment as he buttoned up his white shirt. "No, I don't think you have," Sage rolled her eyes at his egotistical tone. Sirius tied the red necktie and put on the black suit jacket with quick ease. "Gotta do my hair..." He mumbled under his breath as he walked towards a large mirror and combed through it. Sage repressed a giggle as she glanced down and saw Alex already fast asleep, his small hand gripping hers. She felt her heart melt at the sight and feeling.

A soft knock at the door caused Sage to walk away from sleeping Alexander and open it slightly. It was Jasper. "Is he asleep?" The blond boy asked his sister. "Yeah, he just went down." Sage opened the door and he walked in. "Don't worry, it won't last long," Sirius looked over and gave him a playfully forced smile. Jasper wasn't sure if he was serious and shot his sister a hesitant glance. "Don't listen to him, Jasper." Sage was glaring at Sirius.

"I have to leave. Sirius, stop teasing my brother. Jasper, Alexander is a sweetheart, don't worry too much." Sage was already walking towards the door. "Twenty minutes."

———

Sage stood with her head held high and back completely straight. She was waiting on Sirius, who should be there any moment. He wasn't the most timely, but she knew not to press her buttons today. Sirius knew how important this was because he wasn't born into Muggle nobility. Stepping into the room, reporters went silent as they watched Sirius approach Sage and wrap his arm around her waist. "Were you crying?" Sage asked when she saw his face blotchy.