My First Case as an Agent

My party ended when we got a case. I went to my room and grabbed my jean jacket before grabbing my bag and putting a red shirt, ripped blue jeans, and white converse high tops in, just in case. I put my computer and iPad in my bag as well as a book. I put my phone in my back pocket and my watch on my wrist. I placed my new gun and it's holster on my side and my ID in my pocket and walked out of my room. The others had already left to go to the conference room. Dad had waited on me after he grabbed his go bag. "Ready?" He asked me.

"Yeah."

"Let's go."

We kissed Jack Goodbye and Dad and I got into the SUV and drove to Headquarters. When we arrived, the rest of the team was already there. I grabbed my bag from the back and walked into the building. Dad and I walked through security. We went up to the BAU level and walked to the conference room. J.J. handed everyone the files and started the briefing.

"11-12 year olds in this area are being found throughout the city. All of them have brown hair and blue eyes. They have drugs in their system and have been sexually assaulted."

I just stare at the photos. There's no way this could be happening. I can tell that everyone notices the look on my face because Derek speaks up, "Haley," he said, "Are you Ok?"

"Yeah."

Then dad spoke up, "Haley what's wrong."

"Well, I guess I have to tell you. You all know that I ran away," They all nodded, "Well, after I ran away, I was kidnapped, but I got away. I think I know who's doing this. I don't know his name, but..."

"Haley, can you give us a description?"

Slowly, I nodded my head. "Give me a piece of paper and a pencil."

Rossi handed me a piece of paper and a pencil. And I started to draw the face that haunted me every night I went to sleep. I finished and handed the paper to Garcia to run it through the database. We continued looking over the case. I looked over at dad beside me. "Can I talk to you in your office?"

"Yeah."

I got up and walked with dad. We went into his office. He closed the blinds as I closed the door.

"Haley..." Dad said, "Did he rape you?"

Slowly, I nodded. I began to cry as dad walked over to hug me. He just held me as I cried into his shirt. Finally, he said, "Haley, we're gonna get this guy. Even if it isn't our UnSub."

"Thanks dad. That makes me feel better."

"Haley. I don't think you should be on this case."

"No. Dad. I can do the case. Please."

"Alright. But be careful."

"I will."

"We better be getting back to the others."

"Ok," I stood up and followed dad out of his office. We walked back to the conference room. As soon as we went through the door, Garcia's computer dinged.

"We have a hit," Garcia said as she put the photo up on the board. "Meet Malachi Rubero."

I froze. It was the face, the face that haunts my mind every time I close my eyes.

"Haley," Derek said, "Is that him?"

My breathing started to become rapid and uneven. Derek pulled me into a hug. "Follow my breathing Haley," he said softly. I slowly started to calm down. And I hugged him back. "It's him..."

"Gear up," Dad said as Garcia sent us his address.

We all grabbed a bullet proof vest and secured our guns on our sides. Garcia handed us a warrant. We went down the elevators and to the SUVs. We took two. Dad, Rossi, Emily, and I in one and Derek, J.J., and Spence in the other.