Anakin stole a glance at Padmé, who's eyes were showing her delight. 

     Leaning down, he whispered, "Still not as great as the festivals on Naboo."

     Upon hearing this, she laughed, squeezing his arm. "That's not a very polite thing to say, Myn. They clearly worked hard to put this together. Someone here might think you're biased."

     He hummed in response. "I am a bit biased. I'm quite fond of the festivals there. I remember some good times, although... I must admit some were less than ideal."

    Padmé risked looking at Obi-Wan in remembrance of the events of the Festival of Light on Naboo, but his eyes were focused on Doll, who was clapping appreciatively at one of the parade floats.

     "Well, we'll have to make sure your future festival experiences are more memorable in a good way," Padmé said softly back to Anakin, meeting his eyes.

     He was about to respond, but Doll interrupted them.

     "The two of you should join myself and my good friend for dinner this evening," she called out over the noise, looking their way. "We had reserved seating for Mark and Rohja, but they've decided they want to explore the rest of the festival a bit more."

     Anakin made eye contact with Obi-Wan and Ahsoka and then Padmé before responding. "We would gladly join you, but I presume servants won't be allowed?"

     "No, but perhaps you should let them enjoy the night. I'm sure it will be quite some time before you get to enjoy a festival like this again, so maybe it would be good to let them walk around as well."

     Noticing Anakin's hesitance, she continued. "They could even accompany Mark and Rohja if you're that worried about them. I've noticed that the two of you seem to be very fond of them, and I'm sure Mark and Rohja would make sure no trouble finds them."

     Anakin grimaced slightly, but relented. "Very well."

    He turned to Ahsoka and Obi-Wan. "Sasha and Vinorin, you are free to enjoy the festival tonight, but I expect you to stay out of trouble and return to us before the end of the last event so that we can leave together."

     Together his former master and his padawan bowed deeply, muttering their thanks.

     Padmé looked between the three of them worriedly, but didn't say anything.

     Doll smiled and took the arm of the man who was with her. "Good. Now, that that's settled, why don't we head to the restaurant? They have special appetizers for the event."

      And so, she led the couple away, leaving Ahsoka and Obi-Wan standing awkwardly next to Rohja and Mark.

     "Why don't we head over there for some drinks, eh?" Mark said cheerfully to Obi-Wan, placing a hand on his shoulder to tug him away. "I'm sure you could use one right about now..."

     Ahsoka looked to Obi-Wan in alarm, but Mark was moving him away pretty fast. 

     Just be careful, She could almost hear him say. Find your way back to Anakin and Padmé.

     Feeling more guarded now, she faced Rohja.

     "What would you like to see, kid?" Rohja asked with starry eyes that seemed impossible to read. "I thought about sticking around here for the dances. Want to stay?"

     Ahsoka looked around in the directions that everyone else had disappeared. "Sure, why not?"

*****

     Padmé looked over the edge of her menu at Doll. "Do you have a favorite meal to order here?"

    "Oh, yes. I always order their sautéed shellfish. It's served over thin pasta with their own sauce, and it's absolutely divine. It's seasonal."

     "Hmm, I'll have to consider that," Padmé said thoughtfully. "What about you, An--ahem, Myn?"

    Anakin looked over at his blushing wife, though thankfully no one seemed to notice her almost slip-up. "That does sound good, but I've already decided on the steak."

     The man who came with Doll, who had been introduced to them as Adder, nodded in agreement. "I think I'll have to choose the same. They always cook their meat precisely."

     After a few minutes, they had placed their order and were eating a type of roasted vegetable while they waited.

     "So, how long have the two of you been married, Mr. and Mrs. Thorne?" Doll asked. "I heard it hasn't been very long."

     "Only a few months," Anakin lied easily, recalling the details of the couple in custody. "But it feels like the ceremony was yesterday." 

     "You're still newlyweds?" Adder looked on them with a surprised expression. 

     "Yes," Padmé said as Anakin took her hand. "It really hasn't been that long, I suppose."

     "Well, anyone with eyes can see how in love the both of you are. It's good that you found each other while you're still young."

     "I just feel lucky to have met Shiemma," Anakin replied simply.

     "Adder is right," Doll said. "It's good that you found each other."

     Raising her glass, she eyed each of them. "To love."

     Echoing her sentiment, they all took a sip.